Groups
    EXPIRED

Help what to get my 9 year old boy for his birthday !

I'm stuck for ideas on what to get my son for his 9th birthday. He has already got a PS3, Nintendo wii, DSI and a trampoline and doesn't need a new bike!
    Would like to get him something for under £100, he really doesn't need any more computer games and family members normally get these for him anyway.

Any different ideas?
    Yes he is spoilt !!

Thank you

44 Comments

Atari 2600 - all the kids going crazy for these...

ipod??

How about trying to get him into a new hobby, such as ice skating or something or if he normally has a lot of friends over, it's always great to get one of those multitables that plays table tennis, pool, air hockey, table football etc.

I'd only get the multitable if he's going to regularly have someone to play with though but I would try to encourage him to become more outgoing, so maybe get him something he can play with his friends with, as it sounds like he has too much home entertainment.

what's a spolit?

Judging by the list of games consoles I would imagine the next purchase
    would be a 360 but I agree with "realfriendlyman" some interactive non gaming
    present would be good..............

Babbabooey;6237890

what's a spolit?

A typo of "spoilt" ?

simon012;6237905

A typo of "spoilt" ?

he is a spoilt still makes no sense

a stripper

Babbabooey;6237911

he is a spoilt still makes no sense

Perhaps is supposed to be "he is spoilt" or "he is a spoilt so and so" ?

Banned

why dont you arrange for him to spend a week without any of his gadgets/toys?

maybe then he will appreciate what he has

and it can only be one person's fault that he is spoiled.............

simon012;6237927

Perhaps is supposed to be "he is spoilt" or "he is a spoilt so and so" ?

Perhaps it's supposed to be spolit as they originally put?

dimebars;6237940

why dont you arrange for him to spend a week without any of his … why dont you arrange for him to spend a week without any of his gadgets/toys?maybe then he will appreciate what he hasand it can only be one person's fault that he is spoiled.............

Good idea.
    I am pretty sure that it's not only one person's fault he is spoilt though
    ( "family members" were mentioned in the opening post )

decoarte his room - cool new bed and desk, sofa

Babbabooey;6237950

Perhaps it's supposed to be spolit as they originally put?

Maybe when you put it like that the word spolit makes more sense
    and if you read it quickly your mind makes a word up to fit
    ( as i presume spolit is not a word )

wow

this turned into a bit of a troll fest real fast

Original Poster

He has in ipod i forgot about that!
    He does do kickboxing, swimming and football, dont think i could handal any more hobbies!
    The games table is a good idea, should just about have room in his bedroom for one of those. He does have friends round a few times a week.
    I won't let him have a tv in his bedroom so the games consols are on the main tv which i have contol over, so his not on the consols much really.

He is a big reader just finished the Harry Potters and read all the beast quests, currently reading The Chronicles of Narnia any ideas on a good boys set of books i could get him into next? reading age of around 10 to 11 but dont want the content to be too adult!!

Cheers once again
    Ps his car mad!

micoo;6237975

wowthis turned into a bit of a troll fest real fast

What, no pic?

leilahfun;6237980

He has in ipod i forgot about that! He does do kickboxing, swimming and … He has in ipod i forgot about that! He does do kickboxing, swimming and football, dont think i could handal any more hobbies! The games table is a good idea, should just about have room in his bedroom for one of those. He does have friends round a few times a week.I won't let him have a tv in his bedroom so the games consols are on the main tv which i have contol over, so his not on the consols much really. He is a big reader just finished the Harry Potters and read all the beast quests, currently reading The Chronicles of Narnia any ideas on a good boys set of books i could get him into next? reading age of around 10 to 11 but dont want the content to be too adult!!Cheers once againPs his car mad!

has he read the antony horowitz series tht started with stormbreaker etc (cant remember its name lol) i loved them when i was younger

Banned

havent really got any ideas, other than maybe put some money into his bank account, open an account, a premium bond

Babbabooey;6237990

What, no pic?

too early for that :thumbsup::lol:

Original Poster

sorry i cant spell but take the pi** all you like!
    Mainly spoilt due to my mother in law! as mentioned above he dosn't get to go on the consols most days of the week! and only got the wii because he won it, but judge all you want!

micoo;6237975

wowthis turned into a bit of a troll fest real fast

A very "misc" discussion in "misc"...........
    I hope you have reported it to the mods???

Banned

Just bought this for my mates sons 9th birthday, all the kids his age are going nuts for baseball at the moment

amazon.co.uk/Mid…8-4

simon012;6238014

A very "misc" discussion in "misc"...........I hope you have reported it … A very "misc" discussion in "misc"...........I hope you have reported it to the mods???

no i wouldnt report unless i didnt like you gys, im not accusing you guys of being trolls but the posts was trolling

Banned

didnt notice you are a new member leila, so welcome to hukd, on here its best to take from the p[osts you want and ignore the ones that appear pointless to you, best way to be

My nine year old son has most of the stuff yours has, plus a laptop, but all he really wanted for his 9th Birthday was Lego. He wanted a couple of Star Wars sets of lego, so he was quite easy to please, plus we got him some little bits too like Bakugan, Gogo's and stuff the kids go mad for in the playground.

Hope that helps, have you asked him if there is anything he particularly wants?

micoo;6238021

no i wouldnt report unless i didnt like you gys, im not accusing you guys … no i wouldnt report unless i didnt like you gys, im not accusing you guys of being trolls but the posts was trolling

http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg

Original Poster

cheers sassie! dont get half the stuff about trolls and trolling lol.

Babbabooey;6238061

:lol: not being helpfull here are you

Banned

leilahfun;6238068

you will in time, enjoy the site :thumbsup:

micoo;6238072

:lol: not being helpfull here are you

Merely point out a fact. :thumbsup:

Play nicely children

leilahfun;6238068

Trolling = en.wikipedia.org/wik…net)

Please do not think i was getting at your spelling because
    I was not ( I am probably one of the worst spellers/typers!! )
    As for spoit that was your opinion not mine
    ( as out house has 3 laptops and 5 games consoles I
    am not one to talk!! )

IMHO the best advice I have read is to ask him........
    maybe buy a "suprise" as well like the book(s)
    mentioned in the post above............
    Best of luck
    ( and I am glad I am not the only one to worry about
    what to get for bdays!! )

A book.

Original Poster

micoo;6238004

has he read the antony horowitz series tht started with stormbreaker etc … has he read the antony horowitz series tht started with stormbreaker etc (cant remember its name lol) i loved them when i was younger

Cheers just been looking at these and they seem to be the right type of book for his age, will get a few of this series ordered for him.

Banned

instead of buying him a present (sounds like he needs nothing anyway) Why dont you organise a party at somewhere like laser quest or a bowling place , that way it will give him a fun day out to remember with his friends.xx

Well weather still good,least here in South East it is,how about a day in a theme park or something,does he like zoo's? I would def go for a trip out,mine enjoy 10 pin bowling too. If you didn't have too far to travel,you could do the outdoor trip outside,and then bowling in evening or perhaps he likes to go somewhere like Pizza Hut.

He sounds like he has enough in way of computer games etc.

DSI and a trampoline now that's not a good combination.

Get him a tent

My daughter wanted to have piano/keyboard lessons but we told her she couldn't as we already pay for her to do 4 different lots of dancing each week. I suggested that she ask for money for birthday/xmas from her grandparents instead of presents and she jumped at the idea, she's now been going to piano for about 6 months, LOVES it and is so proud that she's paying for them herself. Is this something you could do for your son? Not necessarily piano but is there something else that he's always wanted to do/learn?

Annie1508;6239336

My daughter wanted to have piano/keyboard lessons but we told her she … My daughter wanted to have piano/keyboard lessons but we told her she couldn't as we already pay for her to do 4 different lots of dancing each week. I suggested that she ask for money for birthday/xmas from her grandparents instead of presents and she jumped at the idea, she's now been going to piano for about 6 months, LOVES it and is so proud that she's paying for them herself. Is this something you could do for your son? Not necessarily piano but is there something else that he's always wanted to do/learn?

i like tht idea :lol: i used to play piano was rlly good but couldnt be bothered with it after about 6 years :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767343
      2. word association Game73944514
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions