Groups

Help, what TV should I get?

Ok so we are looking to buy a new tv but I have no idea what's good & what's not lol preferably 49-50" would be good if it was 4K/UltraHD but depends on price. And one of the main things is it needs to have all the catch up apps (iPlayer,All4,Demand5,itvhub,Netflix etc) I've had a look at a few but most don't seem to have all the catch up services like our current Samsung one does. Trying to suss out what we want before Black Friday Any help would be much appreciated.

6 Comments

The Hisense 50" M3300 is well regarded, not sure if it has all the apps you need, easy enough to get an amazon fire stick, roku box or other device for missing apps. If nothing better comes up on a Black Friday deal I'll be getting one

avforums.com/rev…V.3

finlux.co.uk/tvs…wcB

You dont say what your price range is but try here , the first tv has all you want for £300, I had never heard of them but found them when looking foe a tv for my lass , got a 32" of them about a year ago , great tv......
    Edited by: "mfactor" 19th Nov 2016

For mid-range TVs and higher Sony, Panasonic and LG have all of them (Youview on Sony, Freeview Play on LG/Panasonic).

As far as I can tell Philips only have Netflix and Amazon, maybe iPlayer too.

Samsung have iPlayer and ITVHub but not All4 or Demand5. I presume they have Amazon and Netflix but I haven't checked.

Sony and Panasonic both drop their flagship SmartTV at the same point in the range when they switch from Full HD to 4K. LG drops it slightly lower and the last model to feature it is the 590v.

Sony, Panasonic and LG offer SmartTV functionality on cheaper TVs through a different system, but it's difficult to find out which apps they support. If that's your price range you may have to find a shop that stocks them and ask for a demo.

That's a summary for the current 2016 range, there are still a few of last years range around for which I suspect the situation is slightly different.

Original Poster

Thank you everyone I will have a look at them all. Can I ask, do you think I would be better off buying something like a Hisense & getting either an Amazon Fire stick or roku stick? Or spend more on a Sony and try and get one with all apps included? I've never used Amazon Fire stick or anything so not sure how good they are? Thanks

A_louise

Thank you everyone I will have a look at them all. Can I ask, do you … Thank you everyone I will have a look at them all. Can I ask, do you think I would be better off buying something like a Hisense & getting either an Amazon Fire stick or roku stick? Or spend more on a Sony and try and get one with all apps included? I've never used Amazon Fire stick or anything so not sure how good they are? Thanks

External boxes and sticks are generally agreed to be at least as good, if not better, so if you're not buying an expensive TV for other reasons then that's the way to go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Galaxy S655
      2. How to get best deal on sky23
      3. HUKD new UI55
      4. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?46

See more discussions