Groups

HELP! What would you do?

Sold an xbox 360 on amazon - buyer confirms it works but wants to return it as it has no HDMI port, yet the console was sold as is - PLUS the listing was under 'xbox 360 20gb (2006 model)'

I really don't want to refund as it cost £9.61 to post and it's no fault of my own.

Do I need to involve amazon or should I just tell him where to go?

9 Comments

xbox 360 20gb (2006 model)

You've described it as is, argue your case and don't refund.

buyer own fault

they should have confirmed with you whether it had hdmi or even done some googling

tell them its not your fault

don't tell them 'where to go'

explain their assumption error and if they want to return they will be responsible for postage both ways

Banned

can you not communicate with him and come to an arrangement by yourself?

Original Poster

I've said to him that postage both ways would have to be covered that would leave him close to £20 out of pocket, or I offered to send him an official component cable for free.

Sound ok?

Amazon says that the seller is under no obligation to accept a return if the product is as described too...

If he sends it back in a messy/modded state I already have all the photographic evidence I could ever need...
    Edited by: "tomwatts" 25th Feb 2011

Banned

tomwatts

I've said to him that postage both ways would have to be covered that … I've said to him that postage both ways would have to be covered that would leave him close to £20 out of pocket, or I offered to send him an official component cable for free.Sound ok?Amazon says that the seller is under no obligation to accept a return if the product is as described too...If he sends it back in a messy/modded state I already have all the photographic evidence I could ever need...

dont ask me ask him!

amazon are terrible ! selling is far too risky and from my experiences the buyer will probably open a a to z claim and claim its not s described leaving you out of pocket.

tomwatts, I tell it how it is....

You could have stated in your listing that it doesn't have HDMI, that way it covers you.

Most xbox's will have HDMI, so maybe he assumed it did have. I'm not saying you did it on purpose but maybe you thought it would help your sale by not stateing it?

Just an idea for future reference, treat buyers like a 5 year old in regards to the listing description then they will not have a leg to stand on

(good idea offering him a component cable. It will give him a HD gaming experience as much as HDMI would, he should take it)
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 25th Feb 2011

Banned

did you offer a refund if not happy option? If not then just say sorry mate no can do.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?710
      3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door55
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?618

See more discussions