Expired

Help: What's the deal with 360 live arcade games? [ SOLVED - Thanks ]

3 replies
Found 4th Jul 2008
Using an Xbox for the first time. It's modded but not banned on Live. Thinking of downloading the Ikaruga game but don't want to pay for something that I can't access fully (e.g. if I get banned). Are such games stored to the HDD and accessible offline? And if I sold the HDD eventually, can such games go with it to the new owner, or are they somehow locked to my console / account like the Wii? Sorry, have no clue about Xbox 360 yet, so any help appreciated.

3 Comments

Xbox Live Arcade games are stored on the hard drive, and can be played offline.

If you were to sell the xbox, as long as its the same console and hard drive, the games will be able to be played by the next owner on any gamertag. I think.

(If just the hard drive was sold, the original gamertag would be needed, as well as access to live, to play the games due to DRM)

What andrew said.

But if you did get rid of your hdd then you can easily delete everything on it without anyone else being able to play the games you buy.

Original Poster

andrew_stoned;2459462

Xbox Live Arcade games are stored on the hard drive, and can be played … Xbox Live Arcade games are stored on the hard drive, and can be played offline.If you were to sell the xbox, as long as its the same console and hard drive, the games will be able to be played by the next owner on any gamertag. I think.(If just the hard drive was sold, the original gamertag would be needed, as well as access to live, to play the games due to DRM)

deathtrap3000;2459497

What andrew said.But if you did get rid of your hdd then you can easily … What andrew said.But if you did get rid of your hdd then you can easily delete everything on it without anyone else being able to play the games you buy.

Thanks guys, that's really helpful - rep added. Have found all the info I need now that I have added the term DRM to my searches :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free money and competition entry @ Circle712
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57571
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45

See more discussions