Help! Who's been famous in 2017?!

Found 22nd Nov 2017
I'm stuck with the task of writing my son's annual school Christmas quiz (again), and always put a 'faces of the year' photo page in with people that have been in the limelight for some reason this year. However it would appear I've been living in a sealed concrete bunker for 11 months as I'm struggling to think of anybody at all! I'm hoping you guys might be able to help with some suggestions of:

Actors/actresses from movies/TV/soaps, or even cartoons/animals
Politicians who have suddenly become really famous, UK or international
Sports personalities, winners of events
Contestants who have won or had great controversy in shows like X-factor, GBBO, Strictly etc
TV presenters or youtubers
Anybody from history who has just found world recognition this year
Anybody involved in a scandal or controversy of any sort
Or just anybody else that lots of people would recognise this year, but perhaps wouldn't have done last year or earlier?

Any names you can throw at me would be greatly appreciated!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Donald Trump seems to cover pretty much every one of those
31 Comments

Original Poster

sparx19811 m ago

Yes... unfortunately I him in for 2015, and his wife in last year!

The dummy under the bus, Westminster bridge.

Original Poster

cowsindahouse9 m ago

The dummy under the bus, Westminster bridge.

The one with the inflatable backside? Might be a little tricky to put a face or a name to that one.

Robert Mugabe.

Trump

Kevin Spacey

Original Poster

Segata-Sanshiro12 m ago

Robert Mugabe.TrumpKevin Spacey

Thanks! Mugabe is a good one, or maybe even his wife.
Missed the Spacey connection, I'll google what he's been up to this year now!

If it's a quiz for school kids then the people who appeared on Love Island (depending on the age of the kids).

I know little about the show, but remember it was popular when it was on because it kept appearing on my news feed despite me not wanting to read about it.

PewDiePie

DanTDM
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 22nd Nov 2017

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Original Poster

RossD8923 m ago

If it's a quiz for school kids then the people who appeared on Love Island …If it's a quiz for school kids then the people who appeared on Love Island (depending on the age of the kids).I know little about the show, but remember it was popular when it was on because it kept appearing on my news feed despite me not wanting to read about it.

Same here, I know it was really popular but haven't a clue what it was about or who was on it. Sometimes the winners aren't the ones that people talk about the most - I'll see if any of my friends who watched it can shed light, thanks!

It's for all agegroups, mostly adults but it's a bit of a family thing that people do over Christmas with some bits that granny can do and some for the kids, so the more variety the better!

Original Poster

Segata-Sanshiro25 m ago

PewDiePieDanTDM

Think I had PewDiePie in last year too (got the kids to suggest a few!), but not DanTDM, just googled him and that looks perfect, cheers!

What colour is his hair? It's brown in some images, and blue in some others, what would be the most common for photo recognition please, if you know?
Edited by: "panddda" 22nd Nov 2017

Original Poster

RossD8915 m ago

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Good one, wouldn't have thought of her. Thanks!

Editor

panddda9 m ago

Think I had PewDiePie in last year too (got the kids to suggest a few!), …Think I had PewDiePie in last year too (got the kids to suggest a few!), but not DanTDM, just googled him and that looks perfect, cheers!What colour is his hair? It's brown in some images, and blue in some others, what would be the most common for photo recognition please, if you know?

Blue

Ratko Mladic

That will stump the kids

Harvey weinstein

Kim jong un

Original Poster

We're a cheerful and lighthearted bunch, aren't we?

Original Poster

123batman32120 m ago

Kim jong un

And deduct 10 points for anyone who puts the Gangnam Style bloke instead.
Or Eric Cartman.
Edited by: "panddda" 22nd Nov 2017

Dare one suggest Jeremy Bernard Corbyn or Theresa Mary May ?

Wongy11026 m ago

Dare one suggest Jeremy Bernard Corbyn or Theresa Mary May ?

How very dare you!

Artie Fufkin

Sean Spicer, Prue Leith

Ariana Grande due to the Manchester bomb and later the benefit concert.

Taylor's swift
beyonce
kylie jenner
any of the kardashians
Hilary clinton
Jamie lomas (actor who was in hollyoaks and is now in celeb jungle, I said him just because he is my cup of tea lol)
zoella (YouTube)
Channing Tatum
cheryl cole (or whatever she's called now
david bowie
stormzy
list can go on and on and on and on....
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 22nd Nov 2017

If you want someone a bit more leftfield, Colin Kaepernick (the American football player who started the taking the knee protests) or Simon Brodkin (the comedian who gave Theresa May the P45 at the party conference)

Louis CK

Master wu (the lego ninjago movie)
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 22nd Nov 2017

Lil Peep

He recently OD'd after taking xanax (benzodiazepine) laced with fentanyl (synthetic opioid cousin of heroin)

I only found out who he was after looking into modern rappers who I find absolutely terrible but very interesting because they are so bad.

He was 21 years old and one of the leading figures in the emo revival blending emo with hip hop.

He was gaining Instagram followers at a rapid rate but (morbidly) after he died this increased ten fold.

You could use him as an example at how bad the current drug abuse promotion is in celebrity culture.

LeahsMintytoutou8 h, 34 m ago

...david bowie...list can go on and on and on and on....

Was David Bowie still dead this year?

Chester Bennington

Original Poster

Some brilliant suggestions there guys, thanks so much for all the help!
Post a comment
@
    Text