Expired

HELP:( WiiFlow/USB GX Loader/USB CONFIGURABLE wont play games from HDD

Found 28th May 2011
Again need help this time the wii games on my HDD are not working i use WBFS manager, format my Wii using WBFS manager, copy games to HDD using WBFS Manager and it all goes fine, But when i go on Wiiflow i choose a game and it would giv me a black a screen.

For USB GX Loader is would load fine wing CISO249 and it would show the "Home Page" type think and wen i choose a game it would freeze, same problem with USB Configurable.

Anyway of making the games?

Note: My Wii is region free so being PAL or NTSC does not really effect it but all of the games on my HDD are PAL.
Community Updates
10 Comments
Got the hard drive in the right USB port? You need it in the one nearest the edge of the console if I remember correctly.

Also try a different HDD (or caddy). My 2.5" hard drive in a cheapo caddy doesn't work, but WD 3.5" external does.
oldmanhouse

Got the hard drive in the right USB port? You need it in the one nearest … Got the hard drive in the right USB port? You need it in the one nearest the edge of the console if I remember correctly.Also try a different HDD (or caddy). My 2.5" hard drive in a cheapo caddy doesn't work, but WD 3.5" external does.

Yeh the HDD is in the "Port 0" as its known the one closest to the edge, bad thing is i dont have another HDD.

I tried re-formatting it with WBFS manager and copy games over again, this time only Super Mario Galaxy 2 started working but i cant choose a load save planet, weird.
Had this the other day with a USB 3.0 external drive. Games were freezing. Switched to USB 2 drive and everything's fine now.
need a little bit more info what drive are you using what cios version is on cios 249 rev 21?

Certain drives are not compatable with wii usb loading and is ios 58 installed which allows/improves usage of usb 2.0 i think?! also some games cannot be booted from usb loaders like wii resort is a pain in the butt to get going, check the compatability of your drive here List
Edited by: "Dannysubaru" 28th May 2011
Ah yes, I forgot about IOS58. If you don't have System Menu 4.3 - you need to install it. Use: wiibrew.org/wik…ler

If you're on System Menu 4.3 or above, then it must be some other issue. I think you're going to have to get hold of another drive, to rule your current one out. I would have spent hours trying to get my 2.5" to work if I hadn't of ruled its use out by testing my 3.5" drive instead..
I'm not sure wat rev I'm I'm using but on Usb HD loader its ciso 249 and my Wii system menu is 4.1 region free. 1 game worked called Wii party but the rest don't. My Usb is 2.0.

I'm using system menu 4.1 should I update the ciso which is ios38?
download modmii and follow the built in tutorial itl show you everything you need
Dannysubaru

download modmii and follow the built in tutorial itl show you everything … download modmii and follow the built in tutorial itl show you everything you need

My Wii is already modded and successfully I don't think it needs to be updated to 4.3 system menu, or does it?
Edited by: "ahmed123" 29th May 2011
Instead of using a HDD I put a game on dvd I burnt the ISO using img burner x2 burn speed and I ran the game using neogamma r8, ups249 rev 19 and I get an error saying dcs read error 1167
ahmed123

Instead of using a HDD I put a game on dvd I burnt the ISO using img … Instead of using a HDD I put a game on dvd I burnt the ISO using img burner x2 burn speed and I ran the game using neogamma r8, ups249 rev 19 and I get an error saying dcs read error 1167

Dannysubaru

download modmii and follow the built in tutorial itl show you everything … download modmii and follow the built in tutorial itl show you everything you need

Then you'll know whether it's your Wii or your HDD.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions