Groups

Help window anti virus 2009

Hi wonder if anyone can tell me if this is ok as im not very good with computers.

My sister can not get on the internet as a register now for windows anti virus 2009 screen keeps comig up sh has norton and done scan and nothing is detected when she switches pc on it comes up the windows page and then scans for about a minute then says pc is under threat and says thre is lots of trojans and worms it wont let us close it down just keeps going to a registration page where you have to pay but its in dollars
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

18 Comments

...I didnt even know there was a windows anti virus 2009 out?

Antivirus 2009 Descriptions:

Antivirus2009, also known as Antivirus 2009, is one of the latest and hottest counterfeit antispyware that devastates the Internet community. Does this sound familiar to you? Yes, Antivirus 2009 is indeed a clone of the infamous Antivirus 2008 that previously reported by us. Antivirus 2009 usually come up after you installed a video codec that come with Trojan, malware and virus. Antivirus 2009 normally generates fake and misleading system popup error messages so end-users will be tricked into purchase Antivirus 2009.

It is very important to remove all the components of of the Antivirus 2009 and all the malware and trojans that it might have come bundle with (such as zlob.trojan, trojan.vundo and Trojan.Downloader). To effectively remove Antivirus 2009, we have created a manual removal instructions which is easy to understand.

Thats spyware/malware.

You need to get an anti spyware tool installed and run a scan - I recommend both Spybot Search and Destroy, and SuperAntiSpyWare.

May need to download them on another PC then copy them over with a USB Pen if the PC is too badly infected to allow you to download though.

You have adaware or spyware on your PC. Download ad-aware from lavasoft.com/pro…php ,scan copmuter,it will clean up all rubish.

If above doesnt work....xp-vista.com/spy…ons

^manual instructions on removing it

Rimi;2462626

You have adaware or spyware on your PC. Download ad-aware from … You have adaware or spyware on your PC. Download ad-aware from http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php ,scan copmuter,it will clean up all rubish.

In my experience, the two I mentioned find a lot that Adaware doesnt - used to use adaware routinely until I found it wasnt removing half the ****.

Could be wrong, just what I've found from using all three.

If the machine doesn't have important data on it a better option may be to reinstall windows and start from scratch.

First thing to do once windows is installed is sort out security such as:

AVG Free antivirus.
    Spybot.
    Spywareblaster.
    Adaware.

Also make sure you have either windows firewall enabled, or an alternative one.

No need to reinstall windows for it...Its a bad one but no need to uninstall it

Original Poster

Thank everyone i will try what you have mentioned

Ive added to your rep everyone for helping me

lee2008;2462663

No need to reinstall windows for it...Its a bad one but no need to … No need to reinstall windows for it...Its a bad one but no need to uninstall it

If security is that lax who knows how much other **** is on the rig :roll:

vaiopup;2462674

If security is that lax who knows how much other **** is on the rig :roll:

Well realised there:P

Original Poster

she has norton ant virus and scans once a week but it never picked anything up is norton not very good would she be better with something else i have AVG and never have had any problems

tell her to throw norton away and throw away the key:D:D

Norton is shocking. Use AVG or Avira - free and better.

f10na;2462693

she has norton ant virus and scans once a week but it never picked … she has norton ant virus and scans once a week but it never picked anything up is norton not very good would she be better with something else i have AVG and never have had any problems

Does she regularly update the virus definitions........anti virus is only as good as it's last update.

Norton is a resource hog anyway, bin it :thumbsup:

If you have been on their site then it will claim that you have a virus. When you click away from the site, it actually installs viruses. Fortunately my AVG removed them. Go for AVG free antivirus.
    Download it.
    Then switch off your connection to internet.
    Delete your previous antivirus software.
    Install AVG.

MrShed;2462721

Norton is shocking. Use AVG or Avira - free and better.

Whilst i totally agree i do think its worth noting that Symantec Client Security is a very good bit of kit. Though you wont find it in the shops i dont believe. I know Symantec make Norton, but its for IT professionals and so far less obtrusive and 'dumbed down'. :thumbsup:

BFM
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER810
      2. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?48
      3. Best laptop for a budget of £700?11
      4. Free EE data (contract)11

See more discussions