Help with 2.5 Square Metres

Found 8th Feb 2015
Hi, going insane on this!

Looking at buying laminate flooring.. If I buy one of 2.5m squared pack of flooring, what area will that fit in cms?! Thanks

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Not sure exactly what you are asking, but it will cover an area 2.5m by 1m or 250 cms by 100 cms
Original Poster Banned
Susannah

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but it will cover an area 2.5m by … Not sure exactly what you are asking, but it will cover an area 2.5m by 1m or 250 cms by 100 cms

Thanks. So one pack of 2.5m squared flooring will cover an area of flooring by 250cm by 100cm?
Yes it will
You don't want the joints all in the same place though, so you need to allow some extra for wastage and offcuts when you reach a wall. Some offcuts can be used when you start next run of boards.

I would call it 2m squared, so 200cm by 100cm. That way you won't run out. Depends on room size though. Also if you are doing it yourself, you might **** up some boards, depending on the cut.
2.5 meter squared will cover a square 2.5 x 2.5 meters or 250cm x 250cm
coys67

2.5 meter squared will cover a square 2.5 x 2.5 meters or 250cm x 250cm

Gas or electricity meters ?
Banned
root of 2.5 is 1.58

so this pack will fit a square room 1.58m by 1.58m
2.5 metre squared is 2.5 metres x 2.5 metres!
are you asking for metre squared or square metres?
The wording is confusing hence the mix in comments

2.5m² = Area of 2.5 square metres = 1.58m x 1.58m (a square with 1.58m sides)
2.5m squared however can be read as a square with 2.5m sides. Hence an area of 6.25 square metres...

The wording is confusing people. However if the flooring says 2.5m² then it covers an area of 2.5 square metres (250x100cm, 158x158cm etc) and not an area of 2.5m x 2.5m which would be an area of 6.25m²
2.5m squared is 250cm by 250cm as andy says in post 9. God knows what everyone else else is on about.

2.5 square meters is different, and presumably has nothing to do with your query.

2.5m squared is 250cm by 250cm as andy says in post 9. God knows what … 2.5m squared is 250cm by 250cm as andy says in post 9. God knows what everyone else else is on about. 2.5 square meters is different, and presumably has nothing to do with your query.

As the OP's tile is "Help with 2.5 Square Metres" and that is how the coverage of laminate flooring is usually specified (i.e. in square metres), I suspect that it is everything to do with the OP's query and that the OP's mention of "2.5m squared " is erroneous.
Using this pack as an example. Stated to be 2.5m²

Product details:
Coverage 2.5m²
Length 1.28m
Width 195mm
Pack quantity 10

Area of 1 plank = 1.28x0.195m = 0.25m²
Plank quantity = 10
Hence coverage = 2.5m²

What Susannah says above is correct if reading from the title of your post.

The "2.5m squared" part is what's confusing people though as I said earlier.

The product description will provide dimensions of the planks if you get confused.
barco

As the OP's tile is "Help with 2.5 Square Metres" and that is how the … As the OP's tile is "Help with 2.5 Square Metres" and that is how the coverage of laminate flooring is usually specified (i.e. in square metres), I suspect that it is everything to do with the OP's query and that the OP's mention of "2.5m squared " is erroneous.

If the correct question is not asked, what chance have we with answers. However the op's question was asked and answered
it be easier for you to convert your measurements to m. so let say 80cm x 135cm will become 0.8m x 1.35m.
to get m2 all you do is time the
length of the room x width
length (m) x width (m) = area (m2)
just tell us what size area u need the laminate for people are either confused or taking the Mickey a box which covers 2.5sq meters has nothing to-do with 2.5 meters times 2.5 squad meters it will cover 1 meter by 2.5 meter area but in real world it all depends on how long the planks are wide etc etc. usually if u order the room size plus 10 percent it shud be enough and if it's a weird shaped room then u will need more
muddassarsardar

just tell us what size area u need the laminate for people are either … just tell us what size area u need the laminate for people are either confused or taking the Mickey a box which covers 2.5sq meters has nothing to-do with 2.5 meters times 2.5 squad meters it will cover 1 meter by 2.5 meter area but in real world it all depends on how long the planks are wide etc etc. usually if u order the room size plus 10 percent it shud be enough and if it's a weird shaped room then u will need more

Metres, not " meters ". (_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants