Groups
    EXPIRED

Help with 3G signal, will a 3G repeater help?

Hello, my father is struggling to get a decent 3G signal indoors. He gets 1.5mb inside whereas he gets 4.5mb 2 metres away outside his house.

Now he is tethering with his mobile phone so he can't leave that outside, will something like a 3G repeater help to bring the signal inside and increase its strength?

Can anyone help please.

I should note that he doesn't have a home telephone of broadband.

Thanks in advance.

3 Comments

3g/4g signal boosters .repeater work on the following principle: it uses the broadband I/internet connection to boost the signal for Voice. So you need to plug an RJ45/Ethernet cable from your broadband router into the signal booster where it says "router" and wait 24 hours. The broadband up and down load speeds both effect the working of this signal booster.

Original Poster

purpleturtle99

3g/4g signal boosters .repeater work on the following principle: it uses … 3g/4g signal boosters .repeater work on the following principle: it uses the broadband I/internet connection to boost the signal for Voice. So you need to plug an RJ45/Ethernet cable from your broadband router into the signal booster where it says "router" and wait 24 hours. The broadband up and down load speeds both effect the working of this signal booster.

Thank you for your response.

I believe you are thinking about a WiFi booster, which is slightly different. The product which I am referring to is something like this: ebay.co.uk/itm…665

Yib You are correct that isn't what I was referencing too. This is what I was referring too:
    shop.vodafone.co.uk/sho…ite
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions