Help with 5.1 home cinema system.. with wireless speakers

8 replies
Found 27th Oct 2008
Have been rummaging around on the weekend trying to find a system for around £150. Would love USB, HDMI but it must have wireless speakers as my mrs wont have any (Got wooden floors and she wont let me pin wires or anything). Any advice? In work now and haven't got my shortlist on me but wondering if people have some recommendations.. Thanks.

8 Comments

Just remember they're not really wireless. You still need power to them.

Original Poster

Doh! Good point. Anyone with wooden floors got advice on how they won the battle?

Banned

Bit over your budget this one. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a decent wireless system for £150.

]http//ww…ion

Skewen;3299016

Doh! Good point. Anyone with wooden floors got advice on how they won the … Doh! Good point. Anyone with wooden floors got advice on how they won the battle?

Had this problem and looked into wireless speakers but at your price point, no chance!

My budget was around £200 and still couldnt get a decent wireless kit.

I have wooden floor boards too but my skirting boards around my flat is white so what I did was use white tack and stuck the cables against it. The cables in my surround sound is very very thin and white so you dont notice them at all.

Most speaker cables are thin so I think you would be fine with this. :thumbsup:

both creative and logitech do some around the £200 mark if you can stretch ur budget a bit

scan have the creative ones on today only at £210+deliv!

Original Poster

Cheers all. Like some of the logitech ones so will have a look around at £200.

yes - what you really need to do is think of this before doing anything in the room.

i run my speaker cables + network cables through some hollow skirting boards

wireless speakers will need power somehow so your looking at batteries or some sort of transformer to power each speaker, so hide wires is best way orrrrrrrrr DIVORCE bit drastic but may work
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244935
    2. Add one, leave one game54415472
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428414670
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604837

See more discussions