Groups
    EXPIRED

help with a damaged item please

Firstly sorry if im in the wrong place as im not sure where i should be !

I have just purchased a game from a member on hot uk deals and it came in the post today, it was sold to me as a new sealed game and that is what i received.
    It was sent in a bubble wrap envelope but when i opened it i noticed it was pushed in at the back, when i took the wrapper off and opened the case i found it to be a smashed/cracked up on the disk side of the case. The disk seems undamaged and plays fine.
    I have contacted the member and thay said they will refund my money if i return the game as it was definatly send in good condition and not damaged.
    However im happy that the game works ect just a bit cheesed that royal mail has been so brutal with it , what would be best thing to do as i dont really want a refund i want the game! What is the procedure here would i/sell have to send the game to royal mail or could i/seller make a claim for the damage with pictures ect.?
    if anyone can help i would be grateful.

i will post picture of item

30 Comments

Original Poster

reserved for piccys

I would advise keeping the item - replacing the case and then claiming via Royal Mail.

Tim

I would buy a new case personally (as by the sounds of it that is the only problem)...avoids a lot of hassle! May be the seller could forward a spare?

go onto the royal mail website. download and print the missing item/damaged item PDF and send it.

Thats all I can think of?
    Or nick a case from the shelves of Blockbuster? lol

Is the cover still in one peice?
    What kind of case is it, I might have one spare hanging around.

If the sender sent it via a insured method of postage you can claim damage from the royal mail. You may be asked to see what it was posted in and you will need to send the original receipt of postage(make sure you get a copy) to them along with the claims form you get get from the post office. In your case you will need to get in touch with the seller to get this(proof of postage). Hope this helps.

why not just be happy that you got a good working game, and put the game in another case.

mod

gdw298;4405489

go onto the royal mail website. download and print the missing … go onto the royal mail website. download and print the missing item/damaged item PDF and send it.Thats all I can think of?Or nick a case from the shelves of Blockbuster? lolIs the cover still in one peice?What kind of case is it, I might have one spare hanging around.

Yeah. Do that. Not the nicking bit. ask the seller for proof of postage as you'll need that to get compensation from Royal Mail

moved to Misc.

tronic;4405494

why not just be happy that you got a good working game, and put the game … why not just be happy that you got a good working game, and put the game in another case.

i agree and it saves alot of unneccessary hassle!

Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice, i am happy to have a working game that is not my point, Fact is why do royal mail have to be so heavy with our items, should be just except the damages ?

Think i wont do the nicking at blockbusters though lol

Original Poster

gdw298;4405489

go onto the royal mail website. download and print the missing … go onto the royal mail website. download and print the missing item/damaged item PDF and send it.Thats all I can think of?Or nick a case from the shelves of Blockbuster? lolIs the cover still in one peice?What kind of case is it, I might have one spare hanging around.

yes cover i fine the case is a clear PS3 case.

Original Poster

just claim

katya1971;4405640

Thanks for all your advice, i am happy to have a working game that is not … Thanks for all your advice, i am happy to have a working game that is not my point, Fact is why do royal mail have to be so heavy with our items, should be just except the damages ?Think i wont do the nicking at blockbusters though lol

hey katya, im glad the disk is still fine thats a plus i guess lol!

i have the receipt of sending this first class so i agree we shud claim thru them......i can promise u that i sent that game in mint condition, i reckon something heavy has dropped on it or a postmans had a bad day and taken it out on ur game.

as u said, u shudnt have to just put up with a disk and no case, u paid ur £19 and deserve exactly what i was selling u....same goes for me paying £1.50 for recorded delivery, i dont except the person purchasing from me to have to "put up" with what they recieve......im just glad i send everything first class, and i have the hukd member "naeem" to thank for that as he told me about its benefits in times such as this.

u just tell me what u need from me, i might need to photocopy the receipt for u im not sure......does anyone know exactly how we go about this?

sorry again about this katya

what we gonna do about feedback, do u want me to send u positive and u can neg me if u want lol!

hopefully this will turn out well and ull get full compensation!

ps i can get a dummy ps3 case sent to ya if you would like, just put the sleeve to the game in there and bobs ur uncle, it looks good as new.

RM will need to see the packaging, i would guess a jiffi bag isnt very good protection for a CD case

Wow they really mauled at that!

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this topic, as I've just ordered quite a few games from various posters on here. Hope they get here in good condition.

deanos;4409469

RM will need to see the packaging, i would guess a jiffi bag isnt very … RM will need to see the packaging, i would guess a jiffi bag isnt very good protection for a CD case

it was sent in an amazon jiffy bag, durable good protection, im pretty sure we will b able to claim easily katya, i have scanned in photocopy of reciept, ill send it to u thru pm

Original Poster

Thanks all, i will print off the claim form but i have a feeling they pay you out in stamps now ! if anyone knows facts on this it would be appreciated.

Luke im not going to leave you neg feedback you sent me the game at lightning speed and it was new as promised hardly your fault that royal mail are heavy handed and disrespectful to our items we pay highly for them to deliver!

We will get it sorted and i will keep you updated on the progress.

I will leave rep for those who have helped me out on this thread.
    right off to royal mail website now .

Man that game case was brutalized!

I don't really wanna get involved but isn't it easier for all parties involved if you just get a replacement case?

In a way - it sounds weird, but it's a good job the case crumpled like that - it took the force of the whack it got and didn't snap the game disc - which is the most important component afterall.

deanos;4409469

RM will need to see the packaging, i would guess a jiffi bag isnt very … RM will need to see the packaging, i would guess a jiffi bag isnt very good protection for a CD case

It was a game/dvd style case.

Millions of DVDs and games are sent in jiffy bags up, down and across the length and breadth of the nation every year - safely.

It should of been more than adequate - I've had people post games wrapped in brown paper!

robtallica;4410215

It was a game/dvd style case.Millions of DVDs and games are sent in jiffy … It was a game/dvd style case.Millions of DVDs and games are sent in jiffy bags up, down and across the length and breadth of the nation every year - safely.It should of been more than adequate - I've had people post games wrapped in brown paper!

loool aye, this was well packaged so it defo must have taken a big bang sumwhere along the way...ive told katya that im happy to send her a dummy case if she wants it :thumbsup:

robtallica;4410215

It was a game/dvd style case.Millions of DVDs and games are sent in jiffy … It was a game/dvd style case.Millions of DVDs and games are sent in jiffy bags up, down and across the length and breadth of the nation every year - safely.It should of been more than adequate - I've had people post games wrapped in brown paper!

Accrding to the RM site it isnt enough so doubt you will have a claim, but good luck

Computer disks, audio and video cassettes, CDs and DVDs :

Preparation:
    Wrap cushioning material at least 2cm think around each item.

Packaging:
    A rigid, purpose made container.

royalmail.com/por…251

deanos;4410711

Accrding to the RM site it isnt enough so doubt you will have a claim, … Accrding to the RM site it isnt enough so doubt you will have a claim, but good luckComputer disks, audio and video cassettes, CDs and DVDs :Preparation:Wrap cushioning material at least 2cm think around each item. Packaging:A rigid, purpose made container. http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400044&mediaId=400251

Doesn't sound good in regards to a claim then. Funny how every games supplier sends them out in Jiffy bags. Funnily enough HMV send out DVDs and CDs in carboard boxes - but games in jiffy bags again.

I think a replacement case is the most convenient option

Im not disputing what most people do as most of the time its fine, but when it comes to claiming RM will want to see the packaging and a Jiffi bag isnt good enough according to there rules.

deanos;4410827

Im not disputing what most people do as most of the time its fine, but … Im not disputing what most people do as most of the time its fine, but when it comes to claiming RM will want to see the packaging and a Jiffi bag isnt good enough according to there rules.

Yep. You're spot on. All true.

Original Poster

acecatcher3;4409411

hey katya, im glad the disk is still fine thats a plus i guess lol!i have … hey katya, im glad the disk is still fine thats a plus i guess lol!i have the receipt of sending this first class so i agree we shud claim thru them......i can promise u that i sent that game in mint condition, i reckon something heavy has dropped on it or a postmans had a bad day and taken it out on ur game.as u said, u shudnt have to just put up with a disk and no case, u paid ur £19 and deserve exactly what i was selling u....same goes for me paying £1.50 for recorded delivery, i dont except the person purchasing from me to have to "put up" with what they recieve......im just glad i send everything first class, and i have the hukd member "naeem" to thank for that as he told me about its benefits in times such as this.u just tell me what u need from me, i might need to photocopy the receipt for u im not sure......does anyone know exactly how we go about this?sorry again about this katyawhat we gonna do about feedback, do u want me to send u positive and u can neg me if u want lol!hopefully this will turn out well and ull get full compensation!ps i can get a dummy ps3 case sent to ya if you would like, just put the sleeve to the game in there and bobs ur uncle, it looks good as new.

thanks Luke , if you have a spare case i would be happy for it, let me know what i owe you to post and i sort you out for it.

katya1971;4411559

thanks Luke , if you have a spare case i would be happy for it, let me … thanks Luke , if you have a spare case i would be happy for it, let me know what i owe you to post and i sort you out for it.

nah dont be silly, ill send u a dummy case first thing tomorrow u dont need to give me money

Original Poster

acecatcher3;4412092

nah dont be silly, ill send u a dummy case first thing tomorrow u dont … nah dont be silly, ill send u a dummy case first thing tomorrow u dont need to give me money

thanks luke i owe you one x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767414
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876393
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671410
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?56

See more discussions