Help with a mac

Banned
Got a mac today from a mate, circular base with a screen, not very good spec but it's a mac ! Trouble is any time I try install anything it says I need 10.5 minimum software. Does this mean I need to get snow leopard to install anything ?

6 Comments

Banned

is it an old crt mac? the coloured ones?

teehee, a G4, says the poster below

i know, put Windows on it! (i know, cant, but would be funny)

round base with a screen is the iMac G4 presumably. ( imachistory.com/ima…g4/ )

OS 10.5 is the base leopard install. Not sure if Leopard will install on the iMac G4s. I presume it will though

Original Poster Banned

imafish2002;8442797

round base with a screen is the iMac G4 presumably. ( … round base with a screen is the iMac G4 presumably. ( http://www.imachistory.com/imac-g4/ )OS 10.5 is the base leopard install. Not sure if Leopard will install on the iMac G4s. I presume it will though

Like this widescreen though. Only ever used a mac briefly before so have no idea what to do, going to be hard having no right click. Any idea how to look at the specs ? Also that says it has wireless built in, not that I can see it anywhere. This is all too confusing !

Specs you should be able to check from the top left then "about this mac". Extended specs in the more information option I think

Original Poster Banned

256mb ram 1.25 ghz processor. Thought it might be better but a freebie so can't complain. Will be good as a freeview tv when I get the internet working anyway

Banned

ryman1000;8442888

256mb ram 1.25 ghz processor. Thought it might be better. A freebie so … 256mb ram 1.25 ghz processor. Thought it might be better. A freebie so can't complain. Will be good as a freeview tv when I get the internet working

256 is pretty good for a 2002 machine, a gb of Apple ram then would have cost about a billion quid!

I have a similar vintage Pentium 3, 900mhz, boosted with 512 ram, and It cant manage iplayer full screen, just the default window,
hope you fair better
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?11
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2074
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019

See more discussions