Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Help with a sim card

Posted 3rd Feb
I'm in Canada and got a crisis at home need a sim card to call UK that doesn't cost to receive, don't care what it costs me. Person doesn't have wifi. Please can anyone advise me. Thanks..
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
buy a canadian sim and put it in your phone...
Whatsapp? Get home user to install Whatsapp, and you call them via that. It will only cost data allowence.
IanMT unfortunately it doesn't work in Canada this is the problem I'm finding. Thank you for trying...
StonkwellBogtrotter person is not tech savvy and is too ill.. Thanks for your input....
Bargainhead. I don't know what sim to get. Thank you anyway...
catsan03/02/2020 20:22

StonkwellBogtrotter person is not tech savvy and is too ill.. Thanks for …StonkwellBogtrotter person is not tech savvy and is too ill.. Thanks for your input....

If they are too ill to use whatsapp how will they manage making a phone call? I actually think it's easier to make a call via WhatsApp - you Just open the app, click on the picture of the recipient and click the phone icon. Could you not install it for them?
Ringfinger I'm in Canada and person is in UK... I agree WhatsApp is the best but person can't install it... Thanks
Can’t you go into a hotel and use a phone there or a Internet cafe with phones I don’t know just a suggestion xx
I would suggest going into a reputable phone shop in Canada and asking for a solution.
Yes going to phone shop tomorrow thank you everyone....
catsan03/02/2020 20:56

Ringfinger I'm in Canada and person is in UK... I agree WhatsApp is the …Ringfinger I'm in Canada and person is in UK... I agree WhatsApp is the best but person can't install it... Thanks

Ah, ok. Now starts to make sense. Is there no one in the UK who can set them up with a temporary internet connection so they could use WhatsApp? There are many charities and organisations that could possibly help in an emergency situation (citizens advice bureau would be a good starting point).
I hope you get sorted.
It is hardly cheap, but for £22.97 a year you can get a pretend UK landline phone number that will forward its incoming calls to the Skype app on your phone/laptop. The caller just pays for the calls to the 01/02 starting phone number and Skype will do the rest, so long as your phone has WiFi/4G Internet. If your phone has no Internet at the time of the incoming call the caller will be prompted to leave a message.

Skype Online Number
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 4th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants