Expired

Help with Access Denied Issue

Found 21st Dec 2017
Hi,

I am a bit stuck and Google isn't giving me any definite answers.

For some reason I cannot access. Tesco Direct through my phone, when I try I get this.

2861136-7DsN4.jpg
I have tried using it off the WiFi and using my data, I have also tried deleting cookies and also tried deleting all data relating to the Chrome browser with still the same result.

Works fine through laptop on the same WiFi.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Bob246011 m ago

Try this linkhttps://www.tesco.com/direct/clearance/?source=others

Still the same
Hmmm

Have you tried a different browser on your phone?

Chrome seems to work for me.

If another browser works then it would seem there is a problem with your installation of chrome. Maybe to clear cache/data and if that doesn't work uninstall it and reinstall it.
Bob246014 m ago

HmmmHave you tried a different browser on your phone?Chrome seems to work …HmmmHave you tried a different browser on your phone?Chrome seems to work for me.If another browser works then it would seem there is a problem with your installation of chrome. Maybe to clear cache/data and if that doesn't work uninstall it and reinstall it.

Just tried on dolphin browser and still the same

Have cleared caches etc.
Does it work in incognito mode for chrome, and you cleared the cookies etc for all time not just last 7 days?
MichyM1 m ago

Does it work in incognito mode for chrome, and you cleared the cookies etc …Does it work in incognito mode for chrome, and you cleared the cookies etc for all time not just last 7 days?

Same in incognito mode too and yup, went through apps and wiped it all.
Have you been able to check it on your phone before? I remember Vodafone blocked some sites on my phone automatically.
moomoomeemee2 m ago

Have you been able to check it on your phone before? I remember Vodafone …Have you been able to check it on your phone before? I remember Vodafone blocked some sites on my phone automatically.

Yeah but not in some time and surely they couldn't block through WiFi?

Also tried requesting desktop site, still no luck.
Robot_Rooster2 m ago

Yeah but not in some time and surely they couldn't block through WiFi? …Yeah but not in some time and surely they couldn't block through WiFi? Also tried requesting desktop site, still no luck.

Yes you're right it wouldn't block wifi. I don't know, hope someone else can help. I'm assuming you've done the on/off thingy.
moomoomeemee59 s ago

Yes you're right it wouldn't block wifi. I don't know, hope someone else …Yes you're right it wouldn't block wifi. I don't know, hope someone else can help. I'm assuming you've done the on/off thingy.

Always the first go to option

And thank you!
Robot_Rooster26 m ago

Same in incognito mode too and yup, went through apps and wiped it all.

Got me stumped then, I was gonna say browser specific but saw you'd tried dolphin its an odd one for sure
MichyM4 m ago

Got me stumped then, I was gonna say browser specific but saw you'd tried …Got me stumped then, I was gonna say browser specific but saw you'd tried dolphin its an odd one for sure

Now I know it's there it's going to bug me forever now :D.

Thank you for the help though, appreciated.
Ok done some reading, it seems the site is blocking your IP address. Make a note of yr IP and see if you can either change it by manually assigning yourself one or a setting on router to assign u new one. Might need a reboot on router or phone side. Once you have a new IP assigned try again. Hope this helps
dealtime2 m ago

Ok done some reading, it seems the site is blocking your IP address. Make …Ok done some reading, it seems the site is blocking your IP address. Make a note of yr IP and see if you can either change it by manually assigning yourself one or a setting on router to assign u new one. Might need a reboot on router or phone side. Once you have a new IP assigned try again. Hope this helps

But it works on my laptop and also it also happens when I turn on data on my phone.

Ip is the same on all devices right? (Genuine question).
Robot_Rooster1 m ago

But it works on my laptop and also it also happens when I turn on data on …But it works on my laptop and also it also happens when I turn on data on my phone.Ip is the same on all devices right? (Genuine question).

Nope IP is different on each device. That is your problem confirmed
dealtime4 m ago

Nope IP is different on each device. That is your problem confirmed

Then I shall investigate! Thank you.
Let us know how you get on. It gets a little complicated sometimes as some routers now also work with the new IP standard IPV4 I think. That gives a completely different IP address.
Edited by: "dealtime" 21st Dec 2017
The key symbol at the top suggests you have a vpn configured, so no matter if you use Wifi or 4g you will still connect out over the vpn and so be using that IP address which i assume Tesco are blocking.
I agree with bluetba that your VPN is probably the problem. Try the website with VPN disabled.
bluetba1 h, 5 m ago

The key symbol at the top suggests you have a vpn configured, so no matter …The key symbol at the top suggests you have a vpn configured, so no matter if you use Wifi or 4g you will still connect out over the vpn and so be using that IP address which i assume Tesco are blocking.

You were right! At least I can sleep easy tonight.

Thank you all for the help everyone.
Robot_Rooster5 h, 25 m ago

You were right! At least I can sleep easy tonight.Thank you all for the …You were right! At least I can sleep easy tonight.Thank you all for the help everyone.

Glad you got it working! Never knew about the key and VPN, something I will also remember for next time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants