help with acer 150 back up please

5 replies
Found 6th Sep 2009
Hi all,
My girlfriend has just bought an acer aspire a150 netbook and when its turned on its saying to make a back up disc. only i have afew problems with doing this. the main one being the netbook doesn't have a cd drive on it so how do i create a back up disc with no way of writing to a disc? Also is this a back up to install windows xp as it just came pre loaded with no discs etc?

thanks for any help in advance

1. Misc
  2. Acer
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Acer
5 Comments

You should be able to cancel this. All new LT will ask to perform a backup. Is is a good practice to so a backup just in case your hard disk failed. Don't you have an external Harddisk you can connect to the LT and perform a backup?

Original Poster

how do you mean cancel this? yeah i do have an external hdd just didn't know if you could do that as in the acer manual it just says burn to disc. so i guess the acer recovery thing that makes the back up will allow different destinations such as hdd etc?

Original Poster

so do i just plug ext hdd into it then and back up to that? any help appreciated in case i cock it up

i dont think you need one tbh i think all acers have a secret partition on the HD tht allows you to restore without backup disks:? my 6530g did anyway

Original Poster

yeah i have seen something about that while googleing alt and f10 or something like that. just i keep getting this thing come up saying make a back up maybe it makes the secret partition backup perhaps
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions