Groups
    EXPIRED

Help with adware......

Hello all,

I know that there is loads of adware and trojans types out there, but was wondering if someone knew of a quick and secure way to remove an adware on my pc. Basically when I google something it takes me to different websites and above all myspace.

Can someone help?

Thanks

7 Comments

Download a program such as ]AdAware and ]Spybot Search & Destroy.

Get them both, and run both on a full scan, with a bit of luck it should clear things up for you.

edit: Reason I say both, is some may slip through the net of one, but not the other. They pick up different things, and unfortunately none are 100% reliable for all types of mal-ware.

Yes there is , loads of adware ,spyware, malware ,virus's etc .It's very important that you should have a good anti-virus program on your PC/Laptop for starters . But for Spyware , SuperAntiSpyware is very good , I used Spybot & Ad-aware for years but ditched them for SAS. There are others that a good too, MalwareBytes for instance.Do a search for SuperAntiSpyware and install it see what it finds.

ps. no need to search , you have the direct links above.

Do as said above
    But then install AVAST its free.
    When installing it will ask to do a boot scan this should get rid of most remaining probs.
    Plus it very good anitvirus protection.

Original Poster

Thanks to you all, I have repped you all. Well I have an antivirus on the pc but not anti adware. (I am using Pc guard from virgin) I have access to a full suite from Kaspersky. I think I might start using that one, as I have on another pc and Kaspersky seems a much better antivirus program.

I've used Kaspersky , just the anti-virus version [not the intrnet security suite] together with Comodo [Firewall] for years now without any problems whatsoever .A good combination and the system seems bullet proof . But ,remember you still need your anti-spy/add/malware software too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457

See more discussions