Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Help with Amazon Smile

Posted 5th Jul 2020
I have just found out about Amazon Smile and there’s no reason to not use it.
However, I can’t find the option to activate it on the app, it should be under settings but all I see are these options:
3499777.jpg
Anyone got any suggestions for how to activate it?
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments
Type Amazon smile in the app it should ask you to enable it.
Edited by: "P1P2" 5th Jul
P1P205/07/2020 17:30

Type Amazon smile in the app it should ask you to enable it.

No luck with that unfortunately
41303464-T9clD.jpg
Set it up on the website first then it should work for you. smile.amazon.co.uk
I seen this before, what is it?
P1P205/07/2020 17:39

Set it up on the website first then it should work for you. …Set it up on the website first then it should work for you. smile.amazon.co.uk

All set up already
Doesn't appear on the app though
Edited by: "RamsMax" 5th Jul
Mendoza05/07/2020 17:39

I seen this before, what is it?

Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to a charity of your choice. Doesn't affect anything else (price, products available etc) at all.
Might have to update the app to the latest version before it appears.
Frankie7705/07/2020 17:41

Might have to update the app to the latest version before it appears.

The app is updated to the latest version. It doesn't appear on the IOS or Android app which is even stranger.
cecilmcroberts05/07/2020 17:51

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=17337655031

Followed those instructions, but nothing appears in the app to turn it on.
RamsMax05/07/2020 17:42

The app is updated to the latest version. It doesn't appear on the IOS or …The app is updated to the latest version. It doesn't appear on the IOS or Android app which is even stranger.

Same here
You must do on the web link first....then on app hamburger menu, settings, then smile and follow what it says.

41303677.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 5th Jul
cecilmcroberts05/07/2020 17:54

You must do on the web link first....then on app hamburger menu, settings, …You must do on the web link first....then on app hamburger menu, settings, then smile and follow what it says.[Image]

Yeah, I’ve set up Amazon Smile on the web and I can now use it with my account. However, it does not appear on the app.
RamsMax05/07/2020 17:55

Yeah, I’ve set up Amazon Smile on the web and I can now use it with my a …Yeah, I’ve set up Amazon Smile on the web and I can now use it with my account. However, it does not appear on the app.

Sign out and in again.
cecilmcroberts05/07/2020 17:54

You must do on the web link first....then on app hamburger menu, settings, …You must do on the web link first....then on app hamburger menu, settings, then smile and follow what it says.[Image]

Already have. It still doesn't show. Have also signed out and back in, still nothing.
Edited by: "NuttyS" 5th Jul
cecilmcroberts05/07/2020 17:55

Sign out and in again.

Done all that. Tried restarting my device, deleting and reinstalling the app - nothing changes.
NuttyS05/07/2020 17:56

Already have. It still doesn't show. Have also signed out and back in, …Already have. It still doesn't show. Have also signed out and back in, still nothing.

Awhh look at my app version on my screenshot. Looks like you need to delete app and install again, you many versions old.
cecilmcroberts05/07/2020 17:57

Awhh look at my app version on my screenshot. Looks like you need to …Awhh look at my app version on my screenshot. Looks like you need to delete app and install again, you many versions old.

It is now working on my Android phone after clearing the cache in settings for the second time. Not on my iPad however.
Edited by: "RamsMax" 5th Jul
RamsMax05/07/2020 18:01

It is now working on my Android phone after clearing the cache in settings …It is now working on my Android phone after clearing the cache in settings for the second time. Not on my iPad however.

Sorry no clue about iOS
cecilmcroberts05/07/2020 17:57

Awhh look at my app version on my screenshot. Looks like you need to …Awhh look at my app version on my screenshot. Looks like you need to delete app and install again, you many versions old.

I’m on the same version as you.

RamsMax05/07/2020 18:01

It is now working on my Android phone after clearing the cache in settings …It is now working on my Android phone after clearing the cache in settings for the second time. Not on my iPad however.

Despite already doing that, I did it again after signing back in and it worked
Have however found it doesn’t work in iPads, we should have guessed really from it saying iPhones, not general iOS, but there we go

41303865.jpg
Edited by: "NuttyS" 5th Jul
NuttyS05/07/2020 18:13

I’m on the same version as you.Despite already doing that, I did it again a …I’m on the same version as you.Despite already doing that, I did it again after signing back in and it worked Have however found it doesn’t work in iPads, we should have guessed really from it saying iPhones, not general iOS, but there we go [Image]

I assumed it was all IOS devices. Thanks for letting me know.
RamsMax05/07/2020 18:14

I assumed it was all IOS devices. Thanks for letting me … I assumed it was all IOS devices. Thanks for letting me know.

Same!
I'm sure my app did it automatically once i changed website, or asked me to switch
NuttyS05/07/2020 18:13

I’m on the same version as you.Despite already doing that, I did it again a …I’m on the same version as you.Despite already doing that, I did it again after signing back in and it worked Have however found it doesn’t work in iPads, we should have guessed really from it saying iPhones, not general iOS, but there we go [Image]

I got that message when i managed to change it in the phone app. But that is a different message to the smile.amazon website

smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/…ut/

How do I activate AmazonSmile on my Amazon Shopping app? AmazonSmile customers on Android devices with version 5.0+ or iOS devices with version 12+, who have upgraded to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app can find “AmazonSmile” listed in the Settings menu. From there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate AmazonSmile on your device.

Implies ipad should be ok to use it. Obviously it isn't, fully update, logged out and in, uninstalled, reinstalled. When I search for smile in the ipad app, it gives me a "now available in the app, enable here", which i click through, and always get a message: "the network performance is slower than usual. try again later"

TL;dr Only available on phone not ipad at the moment.
Edited by: "binbin" 6th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text