Groups

Help with arranging a courier

Never had to do this before and not sure where to start!

Im looking at buying a pushchair / pram system from ebay and I cant collect, buyer has said i can arrange courier.

Ive done a google search and i need to know the dimensions and weight, do these need to be exact or an estimate? And any reccomendations on what company to use?

Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

7 Comments

Banned

dimensions need to be exact or more than what the size of the pram actually is - otherwise theyll charge you more.

try parcel2go.com or parcelmonkey.com

I have used Wheelcourier.com for delivering various bits and pieces. Go to quote UK and they have prams listed. Always been DHL that turn up for the collection and never had a problem.

Don't forget that you will need the dimensions for the parcel it is packed in, not just the dimensions of the actual pushchair! Guess they will have to give you an idea before you bid as it could end up in the 'oversized' category otherwise and cost you a fortune in courier fees.

P4d are good for collections (tends to be DHL), but you need to read the T&Cs & get the max dimesions for the parcel and make sure the pushchair would be packed smaller than that. Also you don't know how they are going to pack it so it doesn't get damaged and couriers just tend to chuck all the parcels in the van in whatever order, so you would probably need to pay extra for more than £50 insurance...

I would maybe try to find one a bit closer to home that you can collect in person!

i have used parcel monkey for baby items i sold lately, they been good.

Id recommend listing it on shiply.com and seeing what kind of price you get. The site allows couriers who are already doing journeys closely matching yours to bid for the job.
    From experience id say you will end up getting a much nicer and a more friendly service with the small couriers than the big companies. Cant fault any of the people ive used through the site, you can have a look at their feedback too.

Original Poster

Thank you all very much for your help

cragshore

I have used Wheelcourier.com for delivering various bits and pieces. Go … I have used Wheelcourier.com for delivering various bits and pieces. Go to quote UK and they have prams listed. Always been DHL that turn up for the collection and never had a problem.

Wow, expensive.

I used Parcel2Ship for a pram and it cost me under £9.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      2. Tooth extraction99
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save47

See more discussions