Groups

HELP with audio drivers

Can anyone help me find drivers for my laptop its fujitsu amilo D7830
    The drivers required are AC97

10 Comments

windows update has always done it for me

Original Poster

A Big thanks to everyone, i have downloaded the file but it is stil not showing a speaker symbol or showing any sogns of sound :? confused now ....

What caused the problem? Have you recently re-installed Windows? Perhaps you also need to install the Chipset drivers too (also on the link above)?

once downloaded as it is in a zip file you will need to "extract" all the contents to a folder then run the setup.exe inside, after thsi reboot and hey presto (in theory)

Original Poster

maddogb;6074277

once downloaded as it is in a zip file you will need to "extract" all the … once downloaded as it is in a zip file you will need to "extract" all the contents to a folder then run the setup.exe inside, after thsi reboot and hey presto (in theory)

Have done exactly what you have said but still no luck:? I have installed a new version of windows xp and installed the updates now running on windows service pack 3 with updates.

Tried everything but still not working, instead of a question mark in the yellow circle on device manager, a exclamation mark shows up. Don't know what else to try i've searched the internet and installed all the help you guys have supplied. Any other ideas pls:roll:

Original Poster

When i download the drivers it wont load and shows CODE 10

have you checked the device is enabled in the bios?
    can you post a pic of your device manager with the sound controller section opened?

you might need to open the case and post a hq photo of the mainboard to identify exactly what sound chip is used, it's not unheard of for manufacturers to swap these over a long production of a mainboard.
    AC97 is a standard of the sound functions not a description of the technology used so via ac97 chips won't work with realtek AC97 drivers and vice versa etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1628
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2664
      3. word survey1013
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions