Found 5th May 2010
Whilst having a clearout ive just found a stack off old banknotes. None off it is english. Has anyone any idea how to get them valued?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Banned

for the low denominations, you need some eclectic weed smokers, im sure it's quite elegant to smoke some columbian using some french money.

most of it if european, is a problem, due to the euro

for example old French notes can only be exchanged at the Banque de France
so, need to go to france...

we have a similar issue with old notes that are out of circulation

I wonder if collectors might pay more than the face value though?

If it were me, I'd sell them individually on eBay. There are sites that might give you an indication of their value. Try Googling Banknotes or try here banknotes.com/

Original Poster

As there is so many I may need to take them to a collector. At a guess there must be 200 diffent notes. Ive just seen one for 50 cents from the Japanese govenment. I doubt thats worth that much. Theres another here for 10000000 Turk lirasi. Thats probably worth even less!

Banned

leecroot;8534801

As there is so many I may need to take them to a collector. At a guess … As there is so many I may need to take them to a collector. At a guess there must be 200 diffent notes. Ive just seen one for 50 cents from the Japanese govenment. I doubt thats worth that much. Theres another here for 10000000 Turk lirasi. Thats probably worth even less!

got a few trillion zimbabwe dollars? thats worth a quid

Original Poster

Predikuesi;8534752

If it were me, I'd sell them individually on eBay. There are sites that … If it were me, I'd sell them individually on eBay. There are sites that might give you an indication of their value. Try Googling Banknotes or try here http://www.banknotes.com/

Theres so many it would take me days to list! I havnt sold on ebay and probably wont again, I may have to ask my mate about these as well!

Original Poster

leecroot;8534821

Theres so many it would take me days to list! I havnt sold on ebay and … Theres so many it would take me days to list! I havnt sold on ebay and probably wont again, I may have to ask my mate about these as well!

Just found one for Ethiopia. Without being rude thats probably worthless. There are some quite interesting ones. There are some french ones that are really small. Im going to hide them before the other half hets home from work!

Banned

eBay free listing weekend! might be a good idea to get sorted quick!

leecroot;8534823

Just found one for Ethiopia. Without being rude thats probably worthless. … Just found one for Ethiopia. Without being rude thats probably worthless. There are some quite interesting ones. There are some french ones that are really small. Im going to hide them before the other half hets home from work!

Without being rude also. Along with all the other ones. :lol

I have a 1,000,000 turkish lira note and last time I checked it was worth 12p!

mosskeeto;8534946

I have a 1,000,000 turkish lira note and last time I checked it was worth … I have a 1,000,000 turkish lira note and last time I checked it was worth 12p!

I have one of those too .... nice to meet another millionaire:-D

Original Poster

dontasciime;8534896

Without being rude also. Along with all the other ones. :lol

I think you maybe spot on there!

Hopefully we are wrong

Most notes from european countries who joined the euro can still be redeemed but only in the country issued from and sometimes only the central bank of that country.

mosskeeto;8534946

I have a 1,000,000 turkish lira note and last time I checked it was worth … I have a 1,000,000 turkish lira note and last time I checked it was worth 12p!

I have one as well, it cost about 62 pence ten years ago.;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769188
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427214624

See more discussions