Expired

Help with battery problem on Fuji Finepix S8000 camera

Found 17th Nov 2009
Wonder if anyone can help?
My camera is about a week out of it's 12 month warranty. It has just started to show low/non-existent battery pretty much instantly after putting new batteries in, I might get 20 pictures out of it, I might get 2.
I've tried googling but I can't find an answer. Does anyone know of a site which might help?
Many thanks in advance.
Community Updates
MiscCameraFujifilmBattery
11 Comments
are you using rechargeables?
It needs a new battery then in that case, I would assume it is classed as a consumable and not covered by warranty anyway.
Narfette;6914942

are you using rechargeables?

No regular batteries
greg_68;6914947

It needs a new battery then in that case, I would assume it is classed as … It needs a new battery then in that case, I would assume it is classed as a consumable and not covered by warranty anyway.

The S8000 takes 4 * AA batteries rather than having a lithium battery in it.
What type of "normal" batteries are you trying to use in it. The normal Duracel ones etc are not powerful enough for digital cameras. Try using some AA Lithium batteries like the energizer ultimate litium batteries.
I see now, you are saying brand new batteries don't last more than 20 photo's.
Contact Fuji customer care & explain 2 weeks out of warranty - should get some goodwill.

FUJIFILM UK Limited
Unit 10A
St Martins Business Centre
St Martins Way
Bedfordshire
MK42 0LF Main Switchboard:tel:[SIZE=2] 01234 572 000 [/SIZE] 01234 572 000fax:01234 360 294
cosmicdav3;6914987

What type of "normal" batteries are you trying to use in it. The normal … What type of "normal" batteries are you trying to use in it. The normal Duracel ones etc are not powerful enough for digital cameras.

For the last year I have been using normal Duracells! So obviously something has changed. Bought proper camera ones when in Disneyland Paris during half term and they worked for 20 photos or so.
The Therapist;6915014

Contact Fuji customer care & explain 2 weeks out of warranty - should get … Contact Fuji customer care & explain 2 weeks out of warranty - should get some goodwill.FUJIFILM UK LimitedUnit 10ASt Martins Business CentreSt Martins WayBedfordshireMK42 0LF Main Switchboard:tel:[SIZE=2] 01234 572 000 [/SIZE] 01234 572 000fax:01234 360 294

Thankyou very much, have called and they say a week out of warranty is no problem and I can send it in for repair. problem solved!
britchic4;6915015

For the last year I have been using normal Duracells! So obviously … For the last year I have been using normal Duracells! So obviously something has changed. Bought proper camera ones when in Disneyland Paris during half term and they worked for 20 photos or so.

Fair enough, just I have this camera also and use the lithium batteries as I found the duracell type ones went dead very quickly also
closed @ ops request, thanks

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants