Groups

help with blu-ray player , what cable is the best ?

Got a blu-ray player for xmas but iv been using my scart lead ( silly i know ) because my xbox hdmi cable wouldnt work , decided its time to sort it out , but dont know what cable will work or what to use ?

8 Comments

Banned

I think you need to sort out why your Xbox 360 hdmi lead didn't work - this is a bog standard hdmi lead so if it's not working it suggests something is wrong with your setup and another hdmi lead won't work either.

John

Johnmcl7;7707978

I think you need to sort out why your Xbox 360 hdmi lead didn't work - … I think you need to sort out why your Xbox 360 hdmi lead didn't work - this is a bog standard hdmi lead so if it's not working it suggests something is wrong with your setup and another hdmi lead won't work either.John

+1

Could be a setting on the tv

I would have thought any hdmi to hdmi cable would work?!!

Original Poster

prob sorted , went and got a good hdmi cable x

dcx_badass;7709978

All HDMIs are the same, also using scart would have been the same quality … All HDMIs are the same, also using scart would have been the same quality asa dvd.

You would think so, but I have read on forums people who have had problems with handshake issues particularly with AV Receivers, most are solved by a bit of jiggery pokery slightly moving the HDMI cable backwards in the socket.

dcx_badass;7710282

We're using £2 cables on all 3 of our freesat HD boxes and our upscaling … We're using £2 cables on all 3 of our freesat HD boxes and our upscaling dvd player. Either between LCD TVs or one freesat box and the dvd player go through a Sony AV Reciever (STR800) with no problems.

Well I have not had any issues myself either, but I have read on AV Forums (I think in relation to the Denon AVR 1910) of people that have had issues with HDMI Handshake issues, I can only presume that if a HDMI cable works on one piece of equipment but not another its due to handshake issues.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism35

See more discussions