Groups
    EXPIRED

Help with buying a camera!

Banned
    I am lookin to buy a nice camera, would prefer one with a decent zoom - dont really know what I am looking for so am struggling a bit.... I could sit and read reviews all day and would be none the wiser! I have read that about the Panasonic Lumix TZ7 on here, is that the best camera for that sorta price?

Any brands to avoid?

oh and what does it mean 'body only'? lol sorry guys for being a drip!

All I really take photo's of is my kids lol... I just thought its about time I had a treat!

5 Comments

Body only is for Digital SLR, it is only the body supplied with no lens (DSLR has interchangeable lens).

Panasonic TZ7 - lovely camera, good lens range, and superb Leica optics.

Makes to avoid: Luminox, Zennox etc (ie: from Bidtv), Vivitar, premier and Tesco range.

For a good quality, easy to use, Fuji is a great brand - and reasonable (example - pixel-store.co.uk/pro…tml)
    Canon, Sony etc all offer great cameras too - best I can recommend is set a budget, and see what offers are around

I have had the TZ1 with 10X zoom , it's a brilliant camera.
    Good camcorder on it.
    My sister is a photographer and she really rates it. I noticed she has a lot of my photos of her kids desplayed.
    I think its the Lumix lense that makes them good.

Not sure, but i think 'Body only' means if you building your own camera....thats the casing.
    The insides are bought seperately.

Original Poster Banned

Looking to spend 'upto' £250 - just been reading again and the battery life doesnt seem so good on the Panasonic Lumix TZ7 or TZ6.... will keep looking, thanks for the info guys x x

nono;6152424

I have had the TZ1 with 10X zoom , it's a brilliant camera.Good camcorder … I have had the TZ1 with 10X zoom , it's a brilliant camera.Good camcorder on it. My sister is a photographer and she really rates it. I noticed she has a lot of my photos of her kids desplayed.I think its the Lumix lense that makes them good.Not sure, but i think 'Body only' means if you building your own camera....thats the casing.The insides are bought seperately.

Body only is used when talking about SLR cameras. :thumbsup:
    These cameras come just as a body then you buy lenses to attach to it.
    They do have insides in them . :thumbsup:

http://www.ces-show.com/news_images/000024_eos-40d-canon.jpg

LCUK1978;6155007

Looking to spend 'upto' £250 - just been reading again and the battery … Looking to spend 'upto' £250 - just been reading again and the battery life doesnt seem so good on the Panasonic Lumix TZ7 or TZ6.... will keep looking, thanks for the info guys x x

Can get a cheap battery from ebay for the TZ7 , great camera, cannot recommend it enough and its HD recording function is amazing for video.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions