Expired

Help with buying a washer dryer?

Found 30th May 2010
Hi guys,

My rock and roll lifestyle has led me to ask you lot about washer dryers. Can anyone reccomend one for a reasonable price? or does anyone think one make is better than the other?

oh its going to be built in too.

Any help is much appreciated

Laters

Ginge

6 Comments

hi Ginge, make sure you take out as much warranty as you can on a washer dryer! Trust me the engineer is at my house more than me!

Original Poster

jasonsowden;8727085

hi Ginge, make sure you take out as much warranty as you can on a washer … hi Ginge, make sure you take out as much warranty as you can on a washer dryer! Trust me the engineer is at my house more than me!

Cheers dude,

what make have you got? do you think its prob best just to go for a washer?

i have a Hotpoint. Bought with 5 years parts warranty and standard 1 year labour. 13 months old, 8 different faults.

Just about to replace it with a Bosch machine. Its a lot more money but the reviews make Hotpoint look stupid!

Original Poster

Cheers dude, Rep added, will look into a bosch (i have heard they are a bit pricey mind)

What sort of wash load are you looking for? Bosch are undoubtedly the best but with a price tag of £500ish.

Get a Miele. Best around. Usually get a 3 or 5 year warranty as standard but can get a 10 year warranty on some of them. Had ours for two years, 1 fault, the rubber seal around the door went so it dripped a slight bit of water. Came out and fixed it in a week, just got told to try and leave the door open if possible. Also got a Miele hoover. Excellent though they do cost alot.
Post a comment
@
    Text