Help with buying my son a Nokia N97 Internet Phone for his birthday.

Found 5th Aug 2009
Is it possible to buy these outright or do they have to be contract only? I would rather pay right out as it is a birthday present. I have had a quick look on the Vodaphone website but it isn't very clear to me. I will have to go into the store on Saturday but just wondered if anyone else had recently bought one or was looking to buy if they could help. I don't mind paying for the internet usage per month just dont want to pay for the phone that way as well. Many thanks for any help

15 Comments

I have seen people selling them on here, maybe worth starting a wanted thread and see if anyone has one?

Not sure if they can be bought outwith contract from shops

Original Poster

munnski;5945225

I have seen people selling them on here, maybe worth starting a wanted … I have seen people selling them on here, maybe worth starting a wanted thread and see if anyone has one?Not sure if they can be bought outwith contract from shops

Oh right, thanks, that might be worth me thinking about. :thumbsup:

3 sell them for 399 I think it was

Ebay - but you are looking at around £300 for a genuine one.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;5945285

3 sell them for 399 I think it was

Thanks, I will have a look.

Original Poster

bluetigermobiles;5945361

Ebay - but you are looking at around £300 for a genuine one.

I don't know whether I would trust Ebay. But thanks, they probably would be cheaper.

i have a black unlocked one im looking around £379 for it if you are interested ? it comes with 2yrs warranty too, its comes complete boxed with even the screen protector on

think twice before you inflict this phone on your son.i had this phone on contract and had to take it back 3 times in 7 weeks because it kept freezing and the other two kept shuting down.

i then changed the handset all together and had an lg arena and it is a great phone on a par with the nokia easy.plus i'v had it 9 weeks now and not 1 single problem and its easy to use .

Just get him one of these, all his mates will be so jealous, 2009 is the year retro came back... again..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Ronaldo_7/nokia-5110.gif

the Gadget show on 5 didn't rate it too well, said it was let down by the "clunky interface" and how it hangs all the time.

The carphone warehouse often sell unlocked phones.

Just buy him the new iphone they are to far ahead of the game for anyone to touch them at £440.40

I'll own up to having this phone and loving it, compared to the SE UIQ phones I've had in the past it's zippy, and has hung on me once since I got it the day it was released on Vodafone. :thumbsup:

Nokia are selling it direct on their website for £475 after quidco, admittedly a lot more than '3' but will be unbranded and unlocked...

I have one will be posting pics later and starting a thread

Get him a iPhone and he will love you forvever!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters presale code.1818
    2. Is this junction box wired properly??813
    3. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?22
    4. Do councils provide data when using a Data Collection company?56

See more discussions