Groups

Help with buying Panasonic 42" Plasma

Have about £500 to spend on a Plasma TV, preferably Panasonic and 42 inch screen.
    Was looking at these 3, does anyone have any opinion/pros/cons for either, and which is the best. Help much appreciated.
    TX-P42U20B
    TX-P42C2B
    TX-P42X20

6 Comments

Here they are in order from entry level to better models, with prices i found today.

TX-P42C2B, Hd ready, 100hz, £350 dixons
    TX-P42X20, HD ready, 100hz, about £380
    TX-P42U20B, Full HD, 400hz, £449 from comet
    TX-P42S20, Full HD, 600hz, £530+ on todays searches
    TX-P42G20, Full Hd, 600hz, £580+ on todays searches

The main differences other than above, looks, are the free view options and the outlets and inlet sockets.

I'm not 100% down with the spec's, but have been looking for a while for a Pana 42" plasma, and today i brought the U20 from Comet.

Original Poster

Cheers - plumped for the S20

HesFamily4

Cheers - plumped for the S20

U should have paid the small extra and got the g20, its a much better panel

Original Poster

jayjayuk1234

U should have paid the small extra and got the g20, its a much better … U should have paid the small extra and got the g20, its a much better panel

Didn't see the extra necessary for the freesat, as it wouldn't get used, already have Sky

jayjayuk1234

U should have paid the small extra and got the g20, its a much better … U should have paid the small extra and got the g20, its a much better panel

Isn't it the same panel? Just a slightly darker filter? And It's a couple of hundred difference isn't it, the 46 version certainly is

Original Poster

sancho1983

Isn't it the same panel? Just a slightly darker filter? And It's a couple … Isn't it the same panel? Just a slightly darker filter? And It's a couple of hundred difference isn't it, the 46 version certainly is

I thought it was, but jayjay put a doubt in my mind!
    Couldn't see any difference when I went to have a look, apart from the price!
    Edited by: "HesFamily4" 29th Jan 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      2. Virgin Media TV67
      3. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023
      4. Does the app aznog still work?11

See more discussions