Groups

Help With Car Tax

Old man wants to buy a range rover, the ones he has been looking @ are all fitted with a LPG system,

now he was told a car fitted with the LPG system will get lower tax etc, does anyone no if thats true, who would be the best person to contact the DVLA ?

8 Comments

Wait a while (unless he wants Sport) They are bound to bring out a newer shape soon...though it's still v.nice.

Try this number

Telephone: 0870 240 0010

from dvla.gov.uk

I think he will be eligible for lower tax...also just in case you didn't know I don't think you can go through certain tunnels in an LPG car like dartford tunnel or eurotunnel for example...just in case you need the car to go through them...could always use another car for those journeys though.

I'm guessing you're talking about an older one fitted with LPG as conversion, rather than a brand fire new one.

Original Poster

yea its an 05 plate i think

My husband has had his car converted to gas and he gets £10 off a year woooohoooo.....You are also only exempt from the congestion charge if your car and garage that converted the car with are on a list from the government. Can't remember the name of it at the moment ...also if you take both your great grandparents with you and they posess a certificate each to say they have completed an army assault course in the last three days in under 5 minutes.......Me, bitter, NO! Its a big con, there is no encouragement to go green by doing this really...

Original Poster

Dam they did it in 6 mins, bang goes that i geuss lol

debbielon;4417798

My husband has had his car converted to gas and he gets £10 off a year … My husband has had his car converted to gas and he gets £10 off a year woooohoooo.....You are also only exempt from the congestion charge if your car and garage that converted the car with are on a list from the government. Can't remember the name of it at the moment ...also if you take both your great grandparents with you and they posess a certificate each to say they have completed an army assault course in the last three days in under 5 minutes.......Me, bitter, NO! Its a big con, there is no encouragement to go green by doing this really...

Dub1;4417853

Dam they did it in 6 mins, bang goes that i geuss lol

You also have to send off a copy of the certificate given to you by the conversion people to get your tax rebate if I remember rightly.

Original Poster

yea the fella with the car has all that
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions