Help With Choosing CCTV Kit

Found 18th Apr 2016
They are loads of CCTV kits on ebay and amazon and frankly im stuck as reading reviews are mixed like the makes of zmodo, sannce, annke which is same as sannce.

i did take the plunge and sadly got the samsung 720tvl and its shockingly bad so I'm waiting to return it.

this one im returning

laptopsdirect.co.uk/box…asp

i bought it from laptopsdirect.co.uk and they have a 720p HD 4 camera set with dvr 1tb harddrive at about £159.97 is analogue

link

laptopsdirect.co.uk/ele…asp

The other one is £229 again 4 camera set 720p but powered POE (power of ethernet) and is a NVR with 1tb hard drive is digital

link

laptopsdirect.co.uk/ele…asp

budget is £230

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. CCTV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. CCTV
9 Comments

I have a mate who installed a Swann system.
Not expensive and having had him demo it on his tv; three months recording, ability to view any day or time recording, 720p etc. I'm tempted myself.

Original Poster

willhay555

I have a mate who installed a Swann system.Not expensive and having had … I have a mate who installed a Swann system.Not expensive and having had him demo it on his tv; three months recording, ability to view any day or time recording, 720p etc. I'm tempted myself.

​what model is it m8 ive seen a swann system but near £300 only 2 cameras

Got a swann myself. Simple to set up. Few issues linking to my phone app while on the go. Got from maplins as they usually have some 20% off offers around bank holidays. Also try screwfix as theyve started selling them now.

Original Poster

ok cheers

Original Poster

bigweapon07

Got a swann myself. Simple to set up. Few issues linking to my phone app … Got a swann myself. Simple to set up. Few issues linking to my phone app while on the go. Got from maplins as they usually have some 20% off offers around bank holidays. Also try screwfix as theyve started selling them now.

​is it easy to setup vis ethernet do you need to do port forwarding

I would recommend this. You shouldn't be disappointed i installed one last week. Easy set up, connect the box to the net and scan the app barcode and your phone is connected to the dvr.
ebay.co.uk/itm…323?hash=item3d17ff5473:g:KncAAOSwwpdW59Nx
Edited by: "kash2013" 19th Apr 2016

Original Poster

cheers but opted for a Swann DVR4400 with 4 720p camera with 1tb drive for £208

TAZMANUK

cheers but opted for a Swann DVR4400 with 4 720p camera with 1tb drive … cheers but opted for a Swann DVR4400 with 4 720p camera with 1tb drive for £208

​where did you order this from

Original Poster

samiraamassoul

​where did you order this from

​got it from a company called Coditech its brand new they say customer returns but its brand new.

All the wires was sealed up, the cameras all brand new and the dvr. only thing missing was the long version manual which they are posting me along with a few stickers.

you get to register it online for 18 months warranty and lifetime tech support.

i bought an extra camera from ebay brand new at £29.99 so 5 cameras dvr all for £239.99.

To make my setup easy if a camera fails i bought 5 waterproof junction boxes from screwfix for about £1.20 each to house the connections safely and some trunking to hide wires from loft into bedroom all under £8
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions