help with choosing wireless router

5 replies
Found 3rd Feb 2008
Can anyone recommend a wireless adapter and wireless router. I have got Orange livebox and a thomson wireless adapter (£25)from orange but they are not very good and connection keeps going off. I ve had to return to speedtouch modem.

5 Comments

I've had the Netgear DG834N RangeMax NEXT Wireless ADSL Modem, Router for the last year and it is excellent, particularly since I got the N functionality on my Mac. Its been very reliable, provides everything and has lasted longer than my previous router. I haven't had any experience of the other ones so would be interested in views...

I've on Talk Talk and have had a Netgear DG834 for about four years. Mainly use it plugged straight into PC (best way, I think), but used to use it wireless with a laptop, and have recently added a wireless PDA. Always works very well. Make very reliable and recommended. DOWNLOAD LATEST FIRMWARE FROM MANUFACTURER AND INSTALL THAT - software supplied with device will probably be out of date! And make sure you get all the router settings from your Broadband supplier before you start setting it up..........

I use a Netgear Wireless Router too. No complaints here.

i have a livebox and its been problem free for me, happily use my laptop all round my house and even in the garden.

Original Poster

thanks for the advice guys, i ll look into returning this thomson adapter & LIVEBOX and invest in some net gear.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sweet Sunday Codes22
    2. Skateboarding advice (beginner) 25/yo217
    3. Building a PC Need Help!615
    4. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold22

See more discussions