Groups

Help with converting HD-DVD to hi-def MP4.

I have a LG HD-DVD/Blu-ray drive on my computer but what to play my disks on my my PS3 which is connected to my projector.
    For SD content I use DVDFab to convert them from DVD to MP4 for use on my PS3, but DVDfab doesn't support HD converting.
    I can rip it to my hard disk on my pc using anydvdHD but don't have a program to convert them. I have seen a few old tutorials about converting them by stripping the audio away and then converting them but seems complicated, so was wondering if there was now a program to do it all in one go.

So can you help?

8 Comments

Original Poster

Cheers leefal, although have read them and they are the complicated methods I was on about. Would have thought somebody would have created a 'click and go' program to convert Hi-def films to DVD9.

Thanks for your time anyway.:thumbsup:

As far as I know there's no complete all-in-one HD blu-ray conversion prog.

The first few times converting HD/blu to ps3 or 360 HD compliant files is a bit daunting but like anything else once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

Have a look at this guide, it looks fairly simple

forum.videohelp.com/top…tml

It does say in the posts after the guide

You could also use ]Ripbot264 to output it as a blu-ray video and burn on … You could also use ]Ripbot264 to output it as a blu-ray video and burn on DVDR and it might work on some blu-players. Just don't do any cropping and choose the Blu-ray as output.

I've never done it, but it should work in theory anyway, just be prepared it will take a lot of time to re-encode that amount of video data

Banned

is there such a thing as hi-def mp4?

csiman;3508930

is there such a thing as hi-def mp4?

You can have a H.264 mp4 file which is hi-def, but I think it maybe better to convert or 'put' the file into a .mkv container. I believe it's a much easier file format to convert to M2TS (ps3) or WMV-HD (i think is the 360 format i can't remember.)

Original Poster

leefal;3508760

As far as I know there's no complete all-in-one HD blu-ray conversion … As far as I know there's no complete all-in-one HD blu-ray conversion prog.The first few times converting HD/blu to ps3 or 360 HD compliant files is a bit daunting but like anything else once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

Yes thought so.

So have you done some conversions using this? I have read through all this info and will have a whirl at this tomorrow (not tonight as football is on. Come on England!). How long did it take to re-encode it as some people seems say it can take days!? I have a C2D E8300 is quite fast with most things.

Thanks to the other guys that have inputed too.:thumbsup:

I shouldn't take days to do! They must have been using Ripbot264 which i found to be extremely slow, as far as I can remember i used a combination of EVOdemux, tsmuxer eac3to and probably something else. To be honest, very rusty on the subject as I haven't done it in a while!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????45
      2. Now tv entertainment passes22
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?33
      4. Beds33

See more discussions