Groups

Help with CRB check please?

I have been accepted for a placement at a councelling centre as part of my studies. They say I need to be CRB checked. In the past when volunteering i would be provided with a form from the organisation to fill in and return, but in this cas I have been told to do it myself. I found a centre locally charging fifty pounds and wondered if this was the normal fee or if there were any government offices who provide this service,

many thanks for your help D

6 Comments

the employer normally pays for the CRB .
    i have had two for my job then one for helping at cubs.
    i have not had to pay for any of them.

Fifty seems expensive.

crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/med…spx

Don't know how up-to-date that article is^

The difference in price could be an excessive admin fee.

Would your local council be able to assist you in finding somewhere that won't try to rip you off?

crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/usi…spx

this link helps

[COLOR="Blue"]Am I entitled to a free of charge CRB check?
    A free of charge CRB check will be issued if you can meet the volunteer criteria:

The Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) Regulations 2002 defines a volunteer as:

"volunteer" means a person engaged in an activity which involves spending time, unpaid (except for travel and other approved out-of-pocket expenses), doing something which aims to benefit some third party other than or in addition to a close relative.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

thats great thank you so much for all your help !

i doubt you will get it as a volunteer however on the CRB website there is a link to a list of umbrella body's that you could use and it shows the individual prices.

I personally didn't think you could apply yourself for a CRB as a copy of the certificate goes to the employer and one to yourself. In your circumstance you would get 2.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30396
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2024
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …79136
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?29113

See more discussions