Help with curtains please

Posted 22nd Apr
Hi, I just bought some new bedding but I’m struggling to find some blackout curtain to match (on a budget) the total measurements (max) is 58W/76L
Any help would be appreciated, thank you
3447463-N3zqK.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Just buy some blackout curtains in plain black or grey, no need to try and match the pattern of the duvet to the curtains because you probably won’t find an exact match.
Haircut_10022/04/2020 16:39

Just buy some blackout curtains in plain black or grey, no need to try and …Just buy some blackout curtains in plain black or grey, no need to try and match the pattern of the duvet to the curtains because you probably won’t find an exact match.

I’m not bothered about having the pattern, I have been looking for Teal colour but can’t seem to find the same shade
You can buy blackout linings to for most ordinary curtains you buy.

Such as these at Dunelm
I was searching for almost a year for the perfect black out curtains, purchased so many from different stores that I ended up returning and then purchased Arizona blackout curtains from Dunelm and they were the cheapest but the best! I’ve got them in grey but the colour selection online is limited at the moment, they’re available in these two colours which may be suitable for you though:
dunelm.com/pro…730
dunelm.com/pro…062
I would be more worried about them matching the rug.
I got black out blinds from Dunelm have to say they were quite cheap sorry can't remember exact price but they are very good I would highly recommend them. Then you can buy any curtains to go with it
You can buy blackout curtain liners. Beware though, total blackout can be a bit weird and you have trouble waking naturally. And can make the room feel very stuffy in Summer. Consider dark but not blackliners or a thicker curtain.
sorry to hijack- Just a question please - Ive got dunelm curtains (from my friend who changed décor) and thought they were black out - but - they let a warm glow through (so not pitch black) I have a blackout blind at the window and use it to make room darker - what I want to ask it, are proper black out blinds able to make a room PITCH black? The curtains I have are a taupe colour and a weave material, lined. Wonder if theyre just classed as thermal? any insight appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions