help with cv for 16 yr old twins who have never worked b4 wot do u write ??????????

Found 6th Dec 2007
Just wondering how to make up a cv for 16 yr olds looking for a saturday job and maybe a couple of nights after school !!!! They obviously havent got any experience as they havent worked so wot do i write to try and help them get employed !!:roll:

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

mstiny

Just wondering how to make up a cv for 16 yr olds looking for a saturday … Just wondering how to make up a cv for 16 yr olds looking for a saturday job and maybe a couple of nights after school !!!! They obviously havent got any experience as they havent worked so wot do i write to try and help them get employed !!:roll:

Did they not do work experience? Maybe get a reference from their tutor. Also put down any gcse's they are working towards or already have:thumbsup:

make up a family member that owned a shop a few months or years ago that was recently sold and put it down as experince. then put yourself as a reference on the phone if and when the person calls

im sure that would help :thumbsup:

lets be honest you have to start somewhere and alot of places now look for experince but never seem too give new workers a chance.

tell your kid if he/she gets the an interview to play it by ear.

have a nice christmas :santa:

Definetly put down their work experience lol. Also as previous post said, just make up that they worked in a shop somewhere for family. For references id put a family member with a different surname lol and their tutor.

Your best bet would have been to apply a bit earlier for christmas temps. But no harm in trying now. Try Toys 'r' Us, they are usually quite good in employing people without that much experience.

16 year olds eh?

So they've been in State education,(unless you paid for private schools:whistling: ), for around 11 years.

At an average cost of, say, £5000 per pupil per year, that's cost the taxpayer around £110,000 at least.

Yet you have to post on an internet forum on their behalf to query how their CV should be written to get a feckin' part-time job!!!

WTF has this country become?:?

cheapskate58

WTF has this country become?:?

I blame religion and the Xbox 360.

I blame the Labour Party.

Sloth/Mod

Why would an employer be looking for experience on a 16 year olds CV, Where do you live..........China????

I wouldnt be looking for experience on a 16 yr olds cv MST..Just put down their school qualifications O grades (or whatever you call en now) and interests.

Character referees would be good (guidance teacher etc)

When I was 16 I packed shelves of an evening in Safeway - CV not required!:thumbsup:

Where is their NRA (National record of Achievement)?

I'd learn how to spell "what" for a start.:roll: :whistling:
No offence.......

Banned

prospects.co.uk have loads of advice on CV writing including skills based rather than experience based.

My sis is having the same problems at the moment and she was advised to go and see connexions who can advise of work placements etc. They can also write a letter of recommendation.

Also volunteering is sometimes a way of getting your foot in the door.

hth

lol amusing thread.

When in MS Word choose file - new then choose templates - on my computer -then choose other documents and pick either one of the resumes eg professional resume or use the resume wizard.

Evil_monkey

I'd learn how to spell "what" for a start.:roll: :whistling:No … I'd learn how to spell "what" for a start.:roll: :whistling:No offence.......

Did you only spot the one ?

Make up a cv? shocking?! hope ur not a nurse/doctor and made urs up!!

anyway, i dont think many companys will expect much experience from 16 yr olds, and only part time job they likely to get is shelf stacking etc, so just be truthful, to a degree, like there hobbies etc and they were on the schools student council or whatever and did things for the local community etc

It's good to hear that Sam and Amanda are looking for serious work now, after their brief moment of Big Brother fame :giggle:

Original Poster

stora

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeople/Workandcareers/Gettingyourfirstjob/DG_066151http://teenzone.monster.co.uk/articles/yourfirstcv1/

At last a helpful reply ! It took time but eventually recieved information that i need and not the snide comments of some readers !!!!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

[QUOTE=cheapskate58]16 year olds eh?

So they've been in State education,(unless you paid for private schools:whistling: ), for around 11 years.

At an average cost of, say, £5000 per pupil per year, that's cost the taxpayer around £110,000 at least.

Yet you have to post on an internet forum on their behalf to query how their CV should be written to get a feckin' part-time job!!!
WTF has this country become?:?[/QUO

Oh dear who rattled your cage ! I was simply looking for pointers to assist my children get a part time job and is there any harm in helping them ?? better helping them than just let them struggle through life on their own ,:x :x life out their is hard enough especialy with folks like you about .If people took more interest in their children then the country would be a better place to be brought up in !!

Most Saturday job just a application form and dont require a CV

mstiny

At last a helpful reply ! It took time but eventually recieved … At last a helpful reply ! It took time but eventually recieved information that i need and not the snide comments of some readers !!!!:thumbsup:

You can't ask anything on here without pretentious idiots getting their replies in... Just ignore them honey! There was no harm at all in asking for help.

intenso100

....anyway, i dont think many companys will expect much experience from … ....anyway, i dont think many companys will expect much experience from 16 yr olds, and only part time job they likely to get is shelf stacking etc, ....

Fortunately there are 16 yrs old in the world who aspire to more than your (and others) blinkered vision and companies are looking for more than work experience when they look at a 16 yr olds CV, our 16 yrs old daughters CV would include, 15 GCSEs (A-C with distinctions) appearing in 10 stage productions (not school), community work, Duke of Edinburgh Award, work published, awards, work experience, student leader, art work printed on community bus and now she's at college doing a 2 yr Musical Theatre course and wanted to do A level Art as well, she wants to continue singing and run her own publishing company, (already writing her first comic (Manga) book) she also wants to work as well to pay her own way, I know, I know, she's wasted her youth as others have, I'm sure it would make you feel better to have her hanging round the streets in a short skirt or black traccy suit and drinking cheap lager, sorry to disappoint you!, already she's probably achieved more (and more intelligent) than some who have replied to you for help on here reading their replies, so mstiny, as sadiebabes said, ignore them.

Don't worry about it though, with someone as thoughtful as you I'm sure they'll do OK.

Just put everything down in chronological order, name, age, d.o.b, address, schools, school work, achievements, hobbies etc even include a passport sized photo in top right corner, and tell the truth, do not exaggerate anything, I'm not sure they'd feel comfortable with having to lie in an interview and may even end up looking silly DO NOT DO IT whatever anyone tells you, good interviewers are experts at spotting these things.

Oh! we have twins, but not at CV age yet :roll: and I understand it is different, good luck.

;-)

Syzable

Why would an employer be looking for experience on a 16 year olds CV, … Why would an employer be looking for experience on a 16 year olds CV, Where do you live..........China????

not often I result to using online vernacular, but ROFL!!!111!!!

cheapskate58

16 year olds eh?So they've been in State education,(unless you paid for … 16 year olds eh?So they've been in State education,(unless you paid for private schools:whistling: ), for around 11 years.At an average cost of, say, £5000 per pupil per year, that's cost the taxpayer around £110,000 at least.Yet you have to post on an internet forum on their behalf to query how their CV should be written to get a feckin' part-time job!!!WTF has this country become?:?

I agree, I do not see this as a reflection on the OP, but on the education system itself.

To be honest though, at school the emphasis is not put on working after school, but how to get into university. No one wants to know if your going to leave school and start work, well thats the impression i got from my friends who weren't going into 6th form.
To the OP, usually at the supermarkets they will give you an application form which has space to write specific things down i.e qualifications, interest, "How would you describe good customer service?"

When i was applying I always took my cv with me and I'm pretty sure that helped clinch the job that i now have.

good luck though

i have pm'd you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best Way to Cook Pheasant Breasts?33
    2. Wireless earphones57
    3. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?44
    4. Jd sports11

See more discussions