Groups

Help with de-jargonning this letter!!

I am in the process of claiming back my bank charges and have received this letter form the court but to be honest i have no idea what it means!! Any clues would be appreciated!!

To All Parties:
    A defence to this claim has been filed. As the defendant in a non-individual the claim has been transfers to the court covering the area where the claimant live or carries on business. Please read the accompanying documents carefully and not that where enclosed the allocation questionnaire should be returned to blah blah blah

(Next page)

Without hearing:
    IT IS ORDERED THAT - 1) The claimants letter stands as an application for leave to life the star. 2) No fee payable 3) Transfer to the Claimants home County Court

Note: Any party affected by this Order may under rule 3.3 (5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under Rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order

(Next page)

Without hearing:
    IT IS ORDERED THAT 1. The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise

Note: Any party affected by this Order may under rule 3.3 (5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under Rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order

8 Comments

take it to your citizens advice bereau, as far as I can read they are trying to transfer the claim to your local county court, but im not 100% try any free legal advice that can help like CAB

bfjem;5462316

take it to your citizens advice bereau, as far as I can read they are … take it to your citizens advice bereau, as far as I can read they are trying to transfer the claim to your local county court, but im not 100% try any free legal advice that can help like CAB

CAB may help, but I work there and I dont really understand what it says. They would need to see the whole letter and also what you had submitted to the court etc

They are disputing the bank charges claim and letting a court decide whether they have to pay you compensation so they can offer a defence to the claim.

The bank have filied a defense against your charges

Without hearing:IT IS ORDERED THAT - 1) The claimants letter stands as an … Without hearing:IT IS ORDERED THAT - 1) The claimants letter stands as an application for leave to life the star. 2) No fee payable 3) Transfer to the Claimants home County Court

It's gonna be held at your nearest county court

[QUOTE][Without hearing:
    IT IS ORDERED THAT 1. The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise/QUOTE]

You have to fill in the questionaire and send it back to the address. It's so your case can be transfered to your local county court.

Your bank can try and overhaul of these orders if they desire. It's just all legal jargon to make both parties aware of what's happening.

Hope that helps

Original Poster

OK - so its more a letter just letting me know that the case is moving on and will now be dealt with by my local court? There wasnt actually a questionnaire included so can i just leave it for now and wait for the next correspondance?

You need to ring them and ask for the questionniare as it should have been in there.

Original Poster

Thansk - have chec with the courts help line and they are just telling me its going over to my local court - why cant they just say that!! thanks to all and rep added

Yeah i agree you need to get a copy of the questionaire and fill it in as that's what's moving the case forward
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions