Groups

Help with decking please

Well, the decking was looking grey and crap so we decided to pressure wash it. Generally it is ok but in a few places the wood fibres have lifted slightly giviing it a "fuzzy" look.

ANy ideas on how i can remove this (the decking isnt flat but ribbed boards) so i dont think i can use a sander?

Any help much appreciated

Regards

9 Comments

sand it by hand its gonna take a while!!

Original Poster

cheers, was trying to avoid that. Do i use a sanding block or just sandpaper sheets?

Tar

S

I would probably do a bit if both as obviously you wont get in the gaps with a block

Original Poster

Cheers, rep added

Do you think i can use a palm sander?

Thanks

S

anything with a rough edge as long as it smoothes it you'll be fine just don't use the pressure washer again lol

Original Poster

as the fluufly bits are really where the decking is ribbed in the middle (the small ribs rather than the normal) i was gonna buy one of these?

amazon.co.uk/Bla…8-1

or

amazon.co.uk/Bla…1-9

so i can rub off the fluffly bits inbetween the small grooves?

Ta

S

dont sand it it will look just as bad when its all sanded and a lighter colour to rest of the deck

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;5686864

dont sand it it will look just as bad when its all sanded and a lighter … dont sand it it will look just as bad when its all sanded and a lighter colour to rest of the deck

thanks but how else can i get rid of the fluffy wood fibres?

Regards

Original Poster

^bump

anyone?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Dashcam question37
      2. £1500 55 inch 4K TV33
      3. Biscuit addiction1853
      4. Battery drain on iOS 111011