Groups

Help with Dell Outlet

Received the inspiron 1011 (mini 10v) from Dell outlet on Friday. There is a line going all the way down the middle of the screen with dead pixels. I ordered the netbook over the bank holiday weekend meaning I got a very nice deal on it. I have spoke to Dell about the dead pixels and after attempting to refer me to technical support (not sure how they thought it'd help), they offered me a refund. Thing is if I were to order a netbook with the same spec now from Dell outlet, the netbook will cost me around an extra 45pounds. I've worked out they won't give me a refund, but does anyone know anyway of them offering as a good will gesture a voucher or something to take the price down to what I originally paid. It just feels like they're trying to charge me for their mistake.

1 Comment

Original Poster

they'll give me a refund. but if i then order the same netbook i'm going to pay 45pounds more, which is annoying. trading standards have been spoken to and they just said to try ask for it as a good will gesture.

To be perfectly honest it just seems as if they sent one that was broken while I could get it cheaper, so that I would then return it and have to pay more money, while they could take this one change the screen and sell it for the more expensive price.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions