Help with designing elevations to scale for planning.

Found 10th Apr
I don't suppose someone can be so kind as to help me with elevation designs to a scale of 1/100 or 1/50 as I can't get my head around it. I submitted the below plan and thought this would be fine but they suggested it needed to be to scale. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you
2924013.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
It's not difficult but it is time consuming. The best thing is to go onto your local planning portal and look at what other people have submitted (and the council have therefore accepted). Some will be incredibly detailed but many will be reasonably straightforward.

If you live on an estate with similar houses, try to find one like yours, print them and then trace the drawings (tape the drawing and clean paper to the window)
Have you tried doing it on graph paper? Is is pretty easy to get hold of.
It's maybe a bit more difficult to do it digitally without any experience.

You could buy a scale ruler and draw it by hand. The planning department will usually want a scale bar on the drawing which you can also draw.
ccnp1 h, 50 m ago

It's not difficult but it is time consuming. The best thing is to go onto …It's not difficult but it is time consuming. The best thing is to go onto your local planning portal and look at what other people have submitted (and the council have therefore accepted). Some will be incredibly detailed but many will be reasonably straightforward. If you live on an estate with similar houses, try to find one like yours, print them and then trace the drawings (tape the drawing and clean paper to the window)

Thanks for the reply. Will have a look on the planning portal in the morning.
I drew our plans for our barn conversion. I do use Corel, but if you don't it's fairly simple, if time consuming.

I cannot enlarge your screenshot for some reason but I can just about read that you have "feet" and "meters" - that's a no. Use metric and use it to scale.

The most foolproof way to draw to scale is to use a scale rule toolstation.com/sho…BwE (you might find cheaper). This will allow you to simply measure you line in the real world and mark it via your scale rule on your bit of paper (use graph paper if it helps).

You need to provide different elevations (views) of your proposed development. Think of it as seeing it from all directions. You need to provide north, south, east and west. This will give the planners a 360 degree view of what you want to do.

I wish I could see your drawing - what it is you are proposing to add?
Edited by: "windym" 10th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants