Help with DFS

Found 19th Feb
I bought a couch approx 18 month ago, it has needed repaired twice and I am now waiting on a service manager coming out for a third time.

The end collapsed on one side, the opposite end then done it ( service manager admitted that the bolt wasnt in correctly and had caused a beam to slip) and now the full front dips down when anyone sits on it, it's also gauged out over an inch from my laminate flooring and half an inch on the other side, I will need to replace it, Everywhere I look I'm finding how hard it is to get them to replace faulty furniture.

I know I don't stand a hope in hell of them doing any about my damaged flooring but I'm not willing to replace it and keep the same sofa to do it again, anyone have any advice please?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Write to DFS Senior Management.
If their response is unsatisfactory then contact the Furniture Ombudsman thefurnitureombudsman.org/

Maybe consider a Section 75 claim if paid by CC as well.
I know it doesn't help you now mandz, but if you ever manage to get your money back you can get far better quality (even used) for the same or less money on ebay, Gumtree etc.

Good luck getting it sorted anyway.
Maybe a weight issue. If it collapsed and gouged the laminate then some sorta weight must have been on it.
There are several things to consider

Section 75 as per chaywa above is your friend here. It puts pressure on DFS. I hope you paid by Credit Card or at least £100 if you used an interest free offer.

Hvae a think about whether the goods were Fit for Purpose and Of merchantable quality. And probably more relevantly to you, were Durable. Durability is what counts after the warranty expires. Google these terms and research your position on Which? and Money Saving Expert.
I bought a leather suite from the then CSL and had an issue and they didnt give a hoot, even altering the original order to suit them, so I contacted the finance company who told them to sort it which they did, full refund. From then on even when looking at suites and thinking could pay cash I would never do it, I will always use finance in case of any more issues as most of them arent that good, DFS & SCS being the worse. The last suite my OH went out and bought it from DFS and my god was it bad, very cheaply made, made from 1" x 1" softwood, chipboard and hardboard and thousands of staples and it cost her £1300.

So what I am saying is get in touch with the finance company assuming you used one?
OldEnglish4 m ago

First off, you bought a setee.

No it was a sofa
caverncity14 m ago

No it was a sofa

No it was a chaise longue
Oh do they have a sale on ?
Wongy1104 m ago

Oh do they have a sale on ?

Had. It ends today.
deeky9 m ago

Had. It ends today.

You heard from daffers deeky ?
If you are in the right, and they won't do as you ask, consider the small claims court.
Wongy1104 h, 10 m ago

You heard from daffers deeky ?

Posted in JHT if you haven't already visited.
Original Poster
benrobertsno112 h, 41 m ago

Maybe a weight issue. If it collapsed and gouged the laminate then some …Maybe a weight issue. If it collapsed and gouged the laminate then some sorta weight must have been on it.

It's used mainly by my 9 yr old and 6 mth pup, im not 'big and neither is any one else in my house, the gouge is due to the related movement of the feet every time someone sits on it, the feerare digging into the floor due to them being at a slant, it's metal feet.
Edited by: "Mandz27" 20th Feb
Original Poster
caverncity8 h, 38 m ago

I bought a leather suite from the then CSL and had an issue and they didnt …I bought a leather suite from the then CSL and had an issue and they didnt give a hoot, even altering the original order to suit them, so I contacted the finance company who told them to sort it which they did, full refund. From then on even when looking at suites and thinking could pay cash I would never do it, I will always use finance in case of any more issues as most of them arent that good, DFS & SCS being the worse. The last suite my OH went out and bought it from DFS and my god was it bad, very cheaply made, made from 1" x 1" softwood, chipboard and hardboard and thousands of staples and it cost her £1300.So what I am saying is get in touch with the finance company assuming you used one?

I used a bit of both paid half upfront and put the rest on finance.
Mandz277 h, 16 m ago

I used a bit of both paid half upfront and put the rest on finance.

You can still contact the finance company.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants