Groups

Help with download. plz

Basically downloading an 1080p movie which is 8gb through megashare.com but there limit is 250mb for every few hours. On the link it said to use a download manager (flashget) which i did. So know im on 250mb limit and not sure how to resume the download for another 250mb.

I tried resume etc, but nothing happens.

Rep + karma for whoever helps me out. : )

thanks for your time

13 Comments

Get rapidshare premium and i will link you to greta sites plus rapidshare is super fast.

You can use proxy's but ^^ is better.

Do you have a dynamic IP or static IP

Original Poster

the only 1080p link for the movie i want is with megashare. Otherwise i would use rapidshare. Not sure about what IP i have though, how do i check?

The download manager is just to ensure that the 250MB file you're getting doesn't fail three-quarters of the way through. Meaning if it does you can pick up where it left off.
    A paid for premium service (like that recommended by strike above) lets you queue up your downloads so they go in a batch or after each other.
    Hope this helps a little.

get firefox, then download a tool called Downthemall

once installed, it shows in your "tools" menu, then you open the program and find the file you want on their site, and download it without the limits (i use it on rapidshare)

id start using alternate methods of downloading 1080p films..

faevilangel;4176807

get firefox, then download a tool called Downthemallonce installed, it … get firefox, then download a tool called Downthemallonce installed, it shows in your "tools" menu, then you open the program and find the file you want on their site, and download it without the limits (i use it on rapidshare)

were you working today?

Guys,

The best (and in my eyes, the only) way to get large files such as 1080p movies is to use Usenet.

I can highly recommend using Astraweb as the host and nzbmatrix.com as the index.

Astraweb is $11 a month with free SSL connections and up to 270 days retention.

I wouldnt trust using unsecured connections like Torrents or Rapidshares, Megauploads etc.

as a sidenote, 8gb seems small for a 1080p movie, is this an animation? cos if not it will prob have a fair few frames missing(ie jerky playback)

maddogb;4182696

as a sidenote, 8gb seems small for a 1080p movie, is this an animation? … as a sidenote, 8gb seems small for a 1080p movie, is this an animation? cos if not it will prob have a fair few frames missing(ie jerky playback)

8gb is the going size for a decent hour and a half 1080p movie.

deathtrap3000;4182740

8gb is the going size for a decent hour and a half 1080p movie.

If your statement was true we would have no need for bluray or hd-dvd, standard dl dvd can hold 8.4Gb
    have a collection of about 10 on hdd and most are 12Gb+ (mpg4), you can use divx to reduce the file size but quality suffers in my experience, only advisable if the rest of the kit is not up to hd standard

Original Poster

yes i expect its been compacted down. 8gb does seem a little small.

maddogb;4182803

If your statement was true we would have no need for bluray or hd-dvd, … If your statement was true we would have no need for bluray or hd-dvd, standard dl dvd can hold 8.4Gb have a collection of about 10 on hdd and most are 12Gb+ (mpg4), you can use divx to reduce the file size but quality suffers in my experience, only advisable if the rest of the kit is not up to hd standard

The statement is true. You should use a better codec.

Toybhoy;4177639

Guys,The best (and in my eyes, the only) way to get large files such as … Guys,The best (and in my eyes, the only) way to get large files such as 1080p movies is to use Usenet.I can highly recommend using Astraweb as the host and nzbmatrix.com as the index.Astraweb is $11 a month with free SSL connections and up to 270 days retention.I wouldnt trust using unsecured connections like Torrents or Rapidshares, Megauploads etc.

i second this
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions