Groups

Help with downloaded files

Hiya,

Family have sent a movie from abroad - they downloaded it on rapidshare & sent me the password to retrieve it (wink wink)

The problem is that it's in zipped & downloaded in 3 parts, it downloads ok but whne I try to extract it comes up failed integrity test or corrupt file - same happens with more than one file.

I have downloaded all parts but only extract the first right? Or do I need to use something like hj split to join the files up again?

Help!

11 Comments

Banned

What you need in HJSPLIT.

Type it in any search engine and jobs a good un, also try WINZIP if your unsure of HJSPLIT can assure you no pop ups!

Original Poster

Using jZip to extract the zipped file but when I use HJsplit cant put file together as not HJ file ending .001/.002 etc
    What now?

Banned

HJSPLIT is the version you require 001.002.003 files all join together please note though they all must be exact saved file matches for the program to pin them together i.e MR SHABBA.001 and then M r SHABBA.002 will not match up as there is a space between M and R etc.

Try that!

Original Poster

Wont work cos the files are avi or rar - stumped!

Banned

Try Downloading The Newest Version Of Hjsplit Avi. Wmv, Rar, Zip All Open With Hjsplit.

Make sure all the files are the right size.. Each of the main files should be just under 100mb. Normally the last one is smaller

Original Poster

chully;1864960

What you need in HJSPLIT.Type it in any search engine and jobs a good un, … What you need in HJSPLIT.Type it in any search engine and jobs a good un, also try WINZIP if your unsure of HJSPLIT can assure you no pop ups!

Titchimp;1865104

Make sure all the files are the right size.. Each of the main files … Make sure all the files are the right size.. Each of the main files should be just under 100mb. Normally the last one is smaller

In Jzip file showing as 730,427,392 packed 81% size 104,320

PM me the rapidshare links

try extracting with winrar

Are you talking three rar files labled something like movie01.rar, movie02.rar, movie03.rar or files labled movie.r01, movie.r02, movie.r03, movie.rar?

Download 7zip and if it's the former open the first rar and extract, if it's the latter you need to open the final rar file. If your using Rapidshare a fair amount (have an account) may I recommend a program called FlashGet, it allows you to enter your account details and batch download as well as pause the downloads.

cough. [SIZE="1"]]rapidlinks.co.uk[/SIZE] cough :whistling:

Original Poster

Thanks everyone - think got it now - one file ok so assume other were corrupt??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1516
      2. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?67
      3. Marvel characters34
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.33

See more discussions