Groups

help with downloading

I keep getting an error message on utorrent saying: Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

what can i do to resolve this?

8 Comments

Close Utorrent...or restart and start again...

EDIT: What kind of file is it? .exe .zip?

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;1740683

Close Utorrent...or restart and start again...EDIT: What kind of file is … Close Utorrent...or restart and start again...EDIT: What kind of file is it? .exe .zip?

Tried that. Its an exe file

Goto your task manager, look at processes and see if the file is in that list. If so, end that process then restart torrent. If that fails, it could be a virus ur downloading!

What is it? just out of curiosity....

have you tried extracting the rar file

Original Poster

strike;1740778

have you tried extracting the rar file

not sure how to do that

i have recently switched to utorrent and have downloaded some files no probs. but all the ones i am trying to do now give that message. I have looked in the process in the task managers but cant figure out what is doing it:x

i still have bit torrent downloaded on my comp but its not running - would this cause the problem?

You can't extract an exe file....

Anyway....is it a windows error message or an error message within Utorrent? Bitorrent shouldn't affect it...

Could you send me a link to the file you are downloading via PM? I can have a look for you see if it does the same for me...

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;1741421

You can't extract an exe file....Anyway....is it a windows error message … You can't extract an exe file....Anyway....is it a windows error message or an error message within Utorrent? Bitorrent shouldn't affect it...Could you send me a link to the file you are downloading via PM? I can have a look for you see if it does the same for me...

its a utorrent error message

Banned

Are you really downloading an EXE file with utorrent? Hope its from a reliable source.

Anyway:-

utorrent.com/faq…php
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?620
      2. BT deal23
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile67
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay913

See more discussions