Groups

Help with downloading on Bittorrent please.

Hey guys

I have just downloaded something (for the first time). Does anyone know how to open the document now! The download has completed.

Rep will be given!

Thanks

Foxy

16 Comments

Original Poster

Additional info: it's a .rar file

download winrar free(quick google) then right click the torrent,click "extract to" and it creates the avi file which can be played

Original Poster

smallian;8677479

you need win … you need win rar.http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

barky;8677480

download winrar free(quick google) then right click the torrent,click … download winrar free(quick google) then right click the torrent,click "extract to" and it creates the avi file which can be played

Repped!:thumbsup:

You must do it on file number 1 if the AVI is broken down into rar file segments (right click>extract to>desktop)

Banned

PaulandSharon;8677556

You must do it on file number 1 if the AVI is broken down into rar file … You must do it on file number 1 if the AVI is broken down into rar file segments (right click>extract to>desktop)

wrong. you can extract from any segment.

Banned

Why is it rar files are always loaded with virus's :?

Banned

whatsThePoint;8677833

never had a virus ever in a rar file. Guess it depends what you are downloading and from. I only use private sites or newsgroups.

PaulandSharon;8677556

You must do it on file number 1 if the AVI is broken down into rar file … You must do it on file number 1 if the AVI is broken down into rar file segments (right click>extract to>desktop)

csiman;8677588

wrong. you can extract from any segment.

csiman = correct, doesnt matter as they are all linked as one. :thumbsup:

whatsThePoint;8677833

csiman;8678105

never had a virus ever in a rar file. Guess it depends what you are … never had a virus ever in a rar file. Guess it depends what you are downloading and from. I only use private sites or newsgroups.

It does csiman I remember the viruses/spyware I use to get use to come from public trackers, TPB being the main one. Since only using private trackers I've not had one that I can link back to a download off there. :-D

Banned

awoodhall2003;8678190

It does csiman I remember the viruses/spyware I use to get use to come … It does csiman I remember the viruses/spyware I use to get use to come from public trackers, TPB being the main one. Since only using private trackers I've not had one that I can link back to a download off there. :-D

makes me smile when people say they still use limewire and wonder why AVG didnt stop viruses.

its like sleeping with a prostitute with a condom with holes in and wondering where the STD came from :-D

Pfft, all you need to do is sterilise your download. Best advice i can give is: download from wherever you choose, burn to a disc, then sterilise the disk. You can soak it in TCP for 5 minutes, or put it in a hot oven for 30-40 seconds.

csiman;8678217

makes me smile when people say they still use limewire and wonder why AVG … makes me smile when people say they still use limewire and wonder why AVG didnt stop viruses.its like sleeping with a prostitute with a condom with holes in and wondering where the STD came from :-D

Good advice to never use Limewire, however I would recommend Avast over AVG any day.

csiman;8678217

makes me smile when people say they still use limewire and wonder why AVG … makes me smile when people say they still use limewire and wonder why AVG didnt stop viruses.its like sleeping with a prostitute with a condom with holes in and wondering where the STD came from :-D

I didn't think you needed a condom with street girls? She said 'these were the rules?' I thought they were immune?! :w00t:

dcx_badass;8678432

Now you don't a few years ago with the old winrar you had to start with … Now you don't a few years ago with the old winrar you had to start with the first one (normally .rar and the others are .r01 etc), or it would fail. Fine to do any file now though.

True but that was many years ago, can't think where you needed to open the 'master' file for over 3 years.

whatsThePoint;8677833

What were u downloading?

Busty.babes.volume.18.divx.exe

numptyj;8678459

What were u downloading?Busty.babes.volume.18.divx.exe

wheres the link? :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1111
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?918
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767234
      4. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…45

See more discussions