Help with drivers for mp3 please.

Hi,
I am in need of some drivers for My mp3 player. I don't have a make or model no. as it came from abroad! My computer does not detect it when I plug it into the usb port. I am using windows xp 2002 version. Can anyone help me with this as I am unable to put any music onto it.
Thanks for any help with this,
Mike.

10 Comments

Without a model number no one will be able to help you. Most MP3 players don't need a driver anyway.

You could always use a program like ]Everest which will probe the MP3 player for some information. Alternatively you could use something like ]Driverscanner which will try and find it automatically. Neither are free but Everest does offer you a fully functional free trial.

Ebay hong kong special? If so bin it as it should detect it as a new drive.

Original Poster

Shengis;5261075

Ebay hong kong special? If so bin it as it should detect it as a new … Ebay hong kong special? If so bin it as it should detect it as a new drive.

Yep, I reckon your probably right! I took a chance and got bitten by the b*ll*cks!:thumbsup:

mikelamb;5261294

Yep, I reckon your probably right! I took a chance and got bitten by the … Yep, I reckon your probably right! I took a chance and got bitten by the b*ll*cks!:thumbsup:

As did the wife... Well... You know what I mean :lol:

Contact the seller and say it hasn't arrived, the next one might work. If not, paypal it. Was it a 16gb one btw?

Original Poster

Shengis;5261318

As did the wife... Well... You know what I mean :lol:Contact the seller … As did the wife... Well... You know what I mean :lol:Contact the seller and say it hasn't arrived, the next one might work. If not, paypal it. Was it a 16gb one btw?

Yes 16 gb.

Original Poster

I can't send an email saying it has'nt arrived as I have already sent one complaining it does not work! Straight to paypal I think.

mikelamb;5261430

I can't send an email saying it has'nt arrived as I have already sent one … I can't send an email saying it has'nt arrived as I have already sent one complaining it does not work! Straight to paypal I think.

Unlucky:-(

If it's not registering as a USB mass storage device then it probably needs the software, if it didn't come with software either then I'd suggest you continue to push the ebay seller.

Original Poster

The seller has asked me to try formatting the player, can anyone tell me how I go about this. I can't find anywhere in the settings of the player to do it.
Thanks.

mikelamb;5270494

The seller has asked me to try formatting the player, can anyone tell me … The seller has asked me to try formatting the player, can anyone tell me how I go about this. I can't find anywhere in the settings of the player to do it.Thanks.

Well if it had been detected by the computer as a mass storage device you could have done it there, but as it's not detected then if it's not in the player menu it's probably impossible.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846093
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77
    3. Xbox One X - (News, updates, etc)3381
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213601

See more discussions