help with dvd shrink

Found 8th Aug 2008
my mate told me to download dvd shrink to make backup copys of dvds, also gave me a link on how to do it

I don't understand how to do

choose ripped video files on your harddisk. You must rip all files

does anyone no rep wil be left!

1. Misc
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DVD
30 Comments

I think you choose the compression of the video, I usually minimise menu to increase the main movie and remove the extras.

Banned

Why do you need to make backup copies of dvds, how often do you watch the same movie to worry about the dvd wearing out? Unless it's adult of course :whistling:

lumoruk;2702777

Why do you need to make backup copies of dvds, how often do you watch the … Why do you need to make backup copies of dvds, how often do you watch the same movie to worry about the dvd wearing out? Unless it's adult of course :whistling:

The number of DVDs my nephew has managed to break or smear jam on somehow. Never give a child an original DVD. :giggle:

DVD Shrink is no longer being updated/maintained. Which is a shame... it was, and still is, by far the best piece of software.

Original Poster

lumoruk;2702777

Why do you need to make backup copies of dvds, how often do you watch the … Why do you need to make backup copies of dvds, how often do you watch the same movie to worry about the dvd wearing out? Unless it's adult of course :whistling:

its for the kids, in night garden! its on every day in my house, my little boy loves it! and don't really want the orginals to get broke as they cost me £10 each and we have 4 of them:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Abvance;2702757

I think you choose the compression of the video, I usually minimise menu … I think you choose the compression of the video, I usually minimise menu to increase the main movie and remove the extras.

to complicated for me :oops:

duckmagicuk2;2702794

The number of DVDs my nephew has managed to break or smear jam on … The number of DVDs my nephew has managed to break or smear jam on somehow. Never give a child an original DVD. :giggle:

Kellie + Paisley;2702802

its for the kids, in night garden! its on every day in my house, my … its for the kids, in night garden! its on every day in my house, my little boy loves it! and don't really want the orginals to get broke as they cost me £10 each and we have 4 of them:thumbsup:

Heh, seems it's a common problem.

Kellie + Paisley;2702808

did you read the guide i linked to. its pretty simple theres alot of features ayou dont need to bother messing with.

Kellie + Paisley;2702808

Follow the guide posted by guerilla.

In fact, I think the one by catinthehat is easier to understand. BUT you will need Nero Burning ROM on your computer if you are following the one catinthehat posted... (it may have come with your computer. You'll need some sort of software like Nero to get it onto the disc).

follow this guide ]here. its sort of a video guide through

guerilla;2702832

follow this guide ]here. its sort of a video guide through

Wow, that's even better.

You could try CloneDVD instead.

Clonedvd is pay software though.

Original Poster

don't think I can do in the night garden ones, as it come up with copy protection error!

where there a will theres a way.

download dvd 43

]from here

that'll remove the copy protection from your dvd and allow you to back it up, when you put a dvd in your computer wait for the little face on your taskbar to turn smiley then use dvd shrink

Kellie + Paisley;2703187

don't think I can do in the night garden ones, as it come up with copy … don't think I can do in the night garden ones, as it come up with copy protection error!

If you can't do it Kellie + Paisley you can send them to me and I'll do them for you... I use clonedvd which is a great piece of software but not free.... I tried DVD strink and didn't have much luck... Me not very good on the techie puter things...:oops:

Banned

Kellie + Paisley;2702808

its only 3 mouse clicks in total from start to finish :w00t:

put in disk, click on OPEN DISK

select your cd drive letter and press OK

after it has analysed it, click BACKUP

disk to be copied pops out after analysis and then put a blank in. Job done.

Kellie + Paisley;2702802

its for the kids, in night garden! its on every day in my house, my … its for the kids, in night garden! its on every day in my house, my little boy loves it! and don't really want the orginals to get broke as they cost me £10 each and we have 4 of them:thumbsup:

You only have 4 original dvds. Blimey, we've got loads of them. :whistling:

Original Poster

guerilla;2703224

that'll remove the copy protection from your dvd and allow you to back it … that'll remove the copy protection from your dvd and allow you to back it up, when you put a dvd in your computer wait for the little face on your taskbar to turn smiley then use dvd shrink

thank you :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;2703451

You only have 4 original dvds. Blimey, we've got loads of them. … You only have 4 original dvds. Blimey, we've got loads of them. :whistling:

of in the night garden?

You can use the free version of Fab. That will decrypt all the latest movies and rip to your hdd or to a dvd.

dvdfab.com/fre…htm

Banned

KDH001;2703606

You can use the free version of Fab. That will decrypt all the latest … You can use the free version of Fab. That will decrypt all the latest movies and rip to your hdd or to a dvd.http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

but isnt that a limited time trial?

Original Poster

on nero what application do I burn it on to? my mate said its data is this correct?

csiman;2703635

I dont think it is, just it has less features i.e think its a basic rip and you cant encode it with them

Kellie + Paisley;2704526

on nero what application do I burn it on to? my mate said its data is … on nero what application do I burn it on to? my mate said its data is this correct?

No its dvd video

Dont use nero use imgburn its free and simple to use

Original Poster

when it encoded the film it saved and in the folder where it saved its got files called backup file of the IFO does this need copying 2? sorry with the questions never done this before

csiman;2703635

No the free version is unlimited in time, but only uses Full Disc copy, which is fine because thats what you want.

ryouga;2704546

I dont think it is, just it has less features i.e think its a basic rip … I dont think it is, just it has less features i.e think its a basic rip and you cant encode it with them

Your rip to dvd will play in all players. Or, you can rip to hdd and use Nero or Shrink to burn to dvd, whichever makes you happy.
Post a comment
@
    Text