the power source (socket in garage) but the only thing I am not sure about is
the item in the picture, is this some sort of transformer and if so how do I
check if its fault and/or source a replacement. Many thanks in advance for all
help received and Merry Christmas
2848188-SmrmR.jpg.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Looks like a photocell. This will automatically turn the lights on when it's dark, off when it's light. Suppose you could test it by covering it up and see if the lights come on.

screwfix.com/p/s…330
Unlikely to be a transformer if the bulbs are 230V . Could be a PIR sensor - can you temporarily bypass it , if the lights then work it'll just be a case of replacing it with another PIR sensor (wouldn't need to be the same model ).
Think the first answer is more probable than mine . Chuck a blanket, towel etc over it to see if it works , if not bypass it , if the lights then work replace it.
Edited by: "rogparki" 5th Dec 2017
BeerDrinker16 m ago

Looks like a photocell. This will automatically turn the lights on when …Looks like a photocell. This will automatically turn the lights on when it's dark, off when it's light. Suppose you could test it by covering it up and see if the lights come on.https://www.screwfix.com/p/standalone-photocell/11330

Thanks mate tried that and the lights came on...you are one of gods good people
rogparki11 m ago

Think the first answer is more probable than mine . Chuck a blanket, towel …Think the first answer is more probable than mine . Chuck a blanket, towel etc over it to see if it works , if not bypass it , if the lights then work replace it.

yeah covering it was the answer but thanks for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants