Help with Gardening/Rose Bush

Posted 1st Mar
Hi guys!

Any gardeners in?

In dire need of help. So i got one of these rose bush stems from HomeBargains a few weeks ago, planted it and let it grow, regularly watering it, got some rose feed and put that in every two weeks as directed, but the past couple of days, the bush has started wilting and looks like its dying! The leaves are curling up, going brown and becoming all floppy.

I’m very new at this and thought id try my hang by being green fingered but this weather’s not helping either!

Please help!
3415569.jpg
3415569.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

12 Comments
This can happen with newly planted roses, don’t water or feed again. It is such a change of environment it needs to settle in, a bit of a shock being outside.
Rose501/03/2020 10:42

This can happen with newly planted roses, don’t water or feed again. It is …This can happen with newly planted roses, don’t water or feed again. It is such a change of environment it needs to settle in, a bit of a shock being outside.

Thanks for your response. It’s been indoors ever since i planted it and it started growinf shoots. I’ve not put them out yet as its still too wet,cold,windy etc etc so i’ve left them inside. Cant imagine anything has changed other than the constant change in temperatures as i’ve not moved the plant pot.
It is probably too hot indoors - can you put it somewhere cooler as they are for outdoors.

Has it got small shoots/buds almost like 'nicks' appearing up the main stem?

How high is the soil you've put it in? With roses you want the top of the main root exposed, ie not buried under soil.
red_one01/03/2020 10:47

Thanks for your response. It’s been indoors ever since i planted it and it …Thanks for your response. It’s been indoors ever since i planted it and it started growinf shoots. I’ve not put them out yet as its still too wet,cold,windy etc etc so i’ve left them inside. Cant imagine anything has changed other than the constant change in temperatures as i’ve not moved the plant pot.

Thanks for your reply.

Ah yes maybe it may be starting to get too warm as where i had it sat has recently started to get lots of direct sunlight, as the past few days have been really sunny although very cold.

In regards to the soil, is this ok?
40019815-drGr1.jpg
Yes the soil level is fine that was what I was trying to describe/say!
Looks like it may have been over watered?
JimboParrot01/03/2020 11:55

Yes the soil level is fine that was what I was trying to describe/say!

Thanks! Appreciated. I’ve changed its place and put it in shade. Hope that makes it livelier
Dyslexic_Dog01/03/2020 12:08

Looks like it may have been over watered?

I’ve been trying not to over water it, i think I’m going to let it dry out a bit
Put somewhere cooler like by a shed or garage window and plant out at the end of March ( you can keep it potted it you wish but put some stones or broken pots in the bottom for drainage). With Roses you should prune to outward facing buds. The two stems on yours are both inward facing . In a week or two check to see if any outward facing buds are forming on the original 3 stems , if they are prune everything growing above them off. If not you'll have to prune those two stems you have , the one on the left to one leaf joint and the one one the right to the second , outward facing leaf joint/bud. On this stem rub off anything that grows from the first leaf joint as it would grow inwards again. The idea is to keep the centre of the bush open and not have crossing branches as you have at the moment.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 1st Mar
yorkie1201/03/2020 12:47

Put somewhere cooler like by a shed or garage window and plant out at the …Put somewhere cooler like by a shed or garage window and plant out at the end of March ( you can keep it potted it you wish but put some stones or broken pots in the bottom for drainage). With Roses you should prune to outward facing buds. The two stems on yours are both inward facing . In a week or two check to see if any outward facing buds are forming on the original 3 stems , if they are prune everything growing above them off. If not you'll have to prune those two stems you have , the one on the left to one leaf joint and the one one the right to the second , outward facing leaf joint/bud. On this stem rub off anything that grows from the first leaf joint as it would grow inwards again. The idea is to keep the centre of the bush open and not have crossing branches as you have at the moment.

Thank you very much! Really appreciate that.
0h did not realise it was indoors and in pot, too much water and needs to be cooler. Mine are outside, if you put it somewhere sheltered. Don’t water it for a few days.
Rose501/03/2020 18:41

0h did not realise it was indoors and in pot, too much water and needs to …0h did not realise it was indoors and in pot, too much water and needs to be cooler. Mine are outside, if you put it somewhere sheltered. Don’t water it for a few days.

Many thanks for your help!

Really appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants