Help with getting a new 5.1 home cinema system

7 replies
Found 14th Sep 2010
im after some advice on a new 5.1 surround system.

basically i currently have the Samsung HT-TZ212 however im having a few issues with the sub & centre speakers cutting out at random times which i have to then reset the system. getting a bit sick of doing that so decided i want a new one.

i have a budget of around £200 - £300 and setup id like is 5.1 with 2x Tall Speakers and has a DVD player (not fussed about bluray) and has an upscaling feature via componant/HDMI.

Alternativly could i get an amplifier and use the speakers i have and maybe just get a seperate dvd player?

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

go on ebay and pickup a nice yamaha 6.1 amp for about £100, mission center speaker £30, then look about for descent from speakers for £70 and use your old ones for rears

i just got this

play.com/Ele…tml

i find it really fab and its right on your budget

http://images.play.com/covers/13620214x.jpg

Original Poster

missp27

i just got … i just got thishttp://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/13620214/Panasonic-SC-PT580EB-K-5-1-Channel-Surround-Sound-DVD-Home-Cinema-System/Product.htmli find it really fab and its right on your budget

Does look too bad a system that

wickedteen

go on ebay and pickup a nice yamaha 6.1 amp for about £100, mission … go on ebay and pickup a nice yamaha 6.1 amp for about £100, mission center speaker £30, then look about for descent from speakers for £70 and use your old ones for rears

dont really want to buy extra speakers if im honest would rather keep the ones i have

king261

Does look too bad a system thatdont really want to buy extra speakers if … Does look too bad a system thatdont really want to buy extra speakers if im honest would rather keep the ones i have

huh? a panasonic a bad system?? i is confuzzled

Original Poster

missp27

huh? a panasonic a bad system?? i is confuzzled

i meant it looks a decent system, not bad lol

king261

i meant it looks a decent system, not bad lol

oh LooooL!
yeah it's fab. i really like the "whisper mode" it's got too which means you can have full surround on late at night and the whole house wont shake and annoy the neighbours :P i ordered it a few weeks ago and it was a whole £10 cheaper then!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions