Groups

Help with gfx card

Hi all,

I've been asked to build a system for my friend but he wants to run solidworks 2009 and be also to be able to run 2 monitors with things going on,
    Now i've never heard of solid works so not sure what it requires, having looked it always points to the quatro card however they are pricey, does anyone know another card that will do these jobs?

Many thanks

7 Comments

Have you been through the Graphics card tool on their website?

solidworks.com/sw/…tml

Painkiller;7603394

Have you been through the Graphics card tool on their … Have you been through the Graphics card tool on their website?http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

I had a look at that myself whilst trying to give an answer. Pretty useless/limited utility.

Any card will run two monitors as long as they're [email protected] or below.

Original Poster

But how good do the cards need to be to run solidworks? cheers

Avenger;7603984

That's the whole point of that tool... put in the gfx card vendor, OS & version of solidworks & it will tell you which cards are compatible.

Then you can look up the graphics cards and check that they offer a dual monitor function.

Avenger;7603984

As it's cad software I'd imagine the answer is the same as usual: 'It depends on the complexity of the models you're making'.

Did your friend give you any details or even a budget?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …270924
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831735
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2657
      4. word association Game72844189

See more discussions