Groups

Help with gfx card

Hi folks,
    I have a Radion X700SE pci e DVI card, have updated to the new drivers but still seem rather slow. AMD athlon 1600 64 1 GIG ram.
    When I bought my computer 18 months ago the shop said this was a fantastic card.
    Why I/m asking is people are selling cards on our site and wondered if mine was just as good or is it realy from the stone age.

Cheers

Mark

6 Comments

sorry to say mark it is from the stone age and it is a very slow card

running games at decent frames is a struggle even simple games

18 months ago it probably was decent but in 18 months pcs advance so much your whole pc is probably outdated

is that correct amd athlon 1600?

Original Poster

Sorry is says in my
    AMD Athlon Processor 64(tm) 3500+
    2.21GHz
    1 GIG of ram

Sorry to say but a Radeon X700SE was out of date 18 months ago never-mind now. It's a 2005 card that even at the time was a budget release aimed at low end systems, it's basically a cut down X700 from 2004 which itself was a short lived card as even the NVIDIA 6600's blew it out of the water and the X800 quickly replaced it.

Long story short I hope it didn't cost you much. If you're looking to upgrade and don't need DixectX 10 (i.e. run games on Vista) the X1950's are a good buy at the moment. E.g. ]http//ww…876

Original Poster

Thanks for the information.
    will have a good look around, maybe someone on here may have a decent card to sell...
    Can't shell out too much at the moment.
    Cheers

Mark

markone

Thanks for the information.will have a good look around, maybe someone on … Thanks for the information.will have a good look around, maybe someone on here may have a decent card to sell...Can't shell out too much at the moment.CheersMark

Try the deal requests section, if you have a budget in mind someone will be able to find you a bargain I'm sure.

Original Poster

Will try later.........
    Cheers

Mark
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3361209
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…79
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1523
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044

See more discussions