Groups

Help with googlemail

I can not see .gif images on googlemail but i can on other websites i only use internet explorer can anybody help. all i see if a gray box were the image should be

14 Comments

At the top of the e-mail does it have some blue writing saying "Display images below"?

Original Poster

Retro89

At the top of the e-mail does it have some blue writing saying "Display … At the top of the e-mail does it have some blue writing saying "Display images below"?

No the sender is marked as safe

chris3349

No the sender is marked as safe

Try this.

Go to Internet Options
    Go to Security
    Click on the Internet icon
    Click on the Custom level button
    Scroll down and near the bottom, look for "Display Mixed Content"
    Change it to Enable
    Edited by: "Retro89" 10th May 2011

Original Poster

Thanks done still not showing i have also forwarded the e-mail to my hotmail address it does not show in there either

p.s
    there is lots of e-mails with .gif files not showing not just one

Retro89

Try this.Go to1. Tools2. Internet options3. Security4. Internet5. Custom … Try this.Go to1. Tools2. Internet options3. Security4. Internet5. Custom Level6. Go down about 28 levels to "Display Mixed Content"7. Put a click in the enable box.8. Log off of Gmail then log back on

chris3349

Thanks done still not showing i have also forwarded the e-mail to my … Thanks done still not showing i have also forwarded the e-mail to my hotmail address it does not show in there either p.s there is lots of e-mails with .gif files not showing not just one

Can you install a different browser? Firefox or Chrome then see if that works.

Original Poster

tried firefox same gray box

Try the fixes on here Microsoft

Original Poster

Thanks for the help but looks like a pc problem not just IE as firefox also does not work but will try them anyway

Retro89

Try the fixes on here Microsoft

Then the only thing left to do.........throw that pc out the window.

Im all out of ideas, hope you get it sorted.

Original Poster

Retro89

Then the only thing left to do.........throw that pc out the window. Im … Then the only thing left to do.........throw that pc out the window. Im all out of ideas, hope you get it sorted.

Thanks for your help anybody else have any ideas?

have you tried clearing temporary internet files, cookies, etc? I use CCleaner to do this, rather than going through the Internet Explorer menus, but either way is fine.

May be interference from anti-virus or some other scanner? Disable them temporarily, check Gmail and then turn them on again.

Just checked and GIFs work fine for me on Gmail, but maybe the issues lies with the website and it'll sort itself out..

Banned

UNDER SETTINGS-> GENERALm make sure this is selected

External content:

Always display external content (such as images) sent by trusted senders

Original Poster

That is ticked thanks

csiman

UNDER SETTINGS- GENERALm make sure this is selectedExternal … UNDER SETTINGS-> GENERALm make sure this is selectedExternal content:Always display external content (such as images) sent by trusted senders

Original Poster

I have cleared temp files but i will try ccleaner and other tips

oldmanhouse

have you tried clearing temporary internet files, cookies, etc? I use … have you tried clearing temporary internet files, cookies, etc? I use CCleaner to do this, rather than going through the Internet Explorer menus, but either way is fine.May be interference from anti-virus or some other scanner? Disable them temporarily, check Gmail and then turn them on again.Just checked and GIFs work fine for me on Gmail, but maybe the issues lies with the website and it'll sort itself out..

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4422075
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?34183
      3. Samsung Note 8812
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214170

See more discussions